Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lastest annoyance in my life is dealing with weiners who cannot or will not read for sale ads. Approximately three weeks ago, my father asked me to sell his fishing boat as he no longer uses it. I had it listed on what passes for Craig's list here in the North. The asking price was very reasonable for the year and the specifications of the boat, trailer, and motor. There was quite a response to my ad; unfortunately, the responses were from weiners who could not read or who had limited comprehension. I had it clearly stated in the ad that trades of any kind would not be considered, and only cash offers would be entertained.

The responses I had for the first two weeks were nothing but trade offers. In total, I had offers for a 40 year Chevy Blazer that the would-be trader assured me only needed drivetrain and bodywork, but being a "classic" as he called it, I would be getting the better end of this deal. Uhm no, re-read the ad. I had no fewer than six trade offers on quads in various running states. One putz even stated in his response that I was getting the better deal on his worn out, beat up quad because boating season is ending and I would be able to use the quad in the fall and winter while he had to wait until next year to use the boat. Yet another mental midget attempted to barter landscape work in exchange for the boat. Being fed up with the nonsense at this point, I responded to this fool asking him where in the ad did it say anything about bartering. His response was a longwinded whine about not having any money and that his landscaping skills and supplies would far exceed what my boat was worth, blah, blah blah.

I am happy to report that the boat did sell, for its entire cash asking price, but even then the purchase was far from smooth. What really blew me away happened two days ago. I have a set of chrome GM 20 inch rims on my truck that resemble Cragar SS rims. I had another mental midget approach me telling me he wanted/needed my rims and tires; that he has been looking forever for a set like mine, blah, blah, blah. Before I could even say that I was not selling, Mr Wheeler Dealer starts listing off all the junk he will trade me for them. Included in the list was a rusted Trans AM of some unknown vintage. When he was finished, I politely declined; letting him know that I was not selling/trading/giving the rims away. Well, you would swear that I spit in his face. This guy launches into this diatribe about how he needs these rims and that he made more than a fair offer to trade his treasures (i.e. junk) for my rims. He was genuinely pissed that I was not interested in trading. Like screw you, you approached me, and I said no; getting pissy with me because you did not get your way is beyond childish.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
But, he really NEEDS those rims. Don’t be such a jerk. LOL.

I must say, I hear stories like yours a lot, but happy to say I’ve had very good experiences with Kijiji. Buying and selling.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Administrator
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smurf, glad to hear that your experiences with Kijiji have been good. All of mine involve some sort of idiot or groups of idiots trying to make my life more difficult than it needs to be.

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
OK, $5000.00 and the rims are yours

·
Registered
726 Posts
I agree with you. I hate when people are trying to get something at a good deal for nothing. When I purchase something I look at it as if I were selling it and respond accordingly. If a deal is fair I will pay what they are asking. I hope you have better responses and people in the future sales of anything.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Don’t mind me....unlocks rim lock

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
Seems to be the trend for most all things in life. The "I want what I want and if you try to stop me I will throw a tantrum" generation is growing.
As for how people value their junk, you have Pawn Stars and American Pickers to thank. Folks watch those shows and become experts.

One note for your next boat sale...I read an article about a guy who would not get an offer on his boat, motor, trailer sale at a certain price. He listed the boat / motor at the same price, but added "Free Trailer" and the boat sold almost immediately.

·
Administrator
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One note for your next boat sale...I read an article about a guy who would not get an offer on his boat, motor, trailer sale at a certain price. He listed the boat / motor at the same price, but added "Free Trailer" and the boat sold almost immediately.
I have also read stories of people putting items for free at the end of the driveway with no takers; add a for dale sign with some nominal amount on it and the item is stolen in a matter of hours. People, go figure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts