Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! really close to buying my first bike and if it works out will be a 1992 honda shadow vt600c with 3000 miles on it. buying from my dad, and it has been sitting for a while. so if he can get it back up and running properly I will be a proud new owner. has been sitting for a couple years though, and it is giving him some problems. so i've got my fingers crossed. I've been on the site here for a while looking up info, and there's lots of it.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey there. There's a few of us from spokane on this forum. When you can, post a pic of the bike. Don't forget to check the gas tank for rust!! Welcome and let us know how the project is going!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Here's hoping all goes well. Bikes sitting for long periods of time usually end up needing a thorough carb cleaning, fluid changes etc. Good luck. Post up as soon as you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well looks like the bike is up and running, did have rusted tank and gummed up carbs. buying it from seattle so it has been agonizing to not be able to get my hands on the process! anyway, i'm picking it up this weekend. going to be a long first ride! i'll post some pics when i get home

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we'll see if this works but here is the bike, it did great on the way back from seattle. better than I did, lol. Its a good thing it has a small tank, I couldn't wait to fill up! i'm sure my butt will get used to it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome. good lookin' scoot.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,090 Posts
Nice bike. Not very often I see a bike that has the frame painted something other than black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts