Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is with my husbands group ... http://www.kawanow.org
And I thought maybe some of you mit like to join in.
Northern Sierra Weekend Ride August 15 - 17, 2008

We will depart from Denny’s Restaurant at I-80 & Rocklin Road.

The first leg takes us north on Hwy 49 along the "Golden Chain” to Sierraville, arriving at the "Canyon Ranch Resort". I suggest you call Carla at the Ranch Resort (530) 994-1033 for reservations.

The Ranch is one mile from Sierraville. All Friday night activities are planned in this same location, and we'll bed-down here. There are six cabins on site, and we'll be only ones here. Tent camping is available for those wanting to save $$$ or miss out on a cabin.

There is an alternate motel two miles from the Ranch. The Sierra Motel, Phone: (530) 994-3751. $60 a night.

Day 1, Friday, August 15th
Friday night there will be a group BBQ dinner at the Ranch, which Rich and Anita are graciously putting together. They will BBQ Tri Tip. There will be a collection to help offset the cost of food. During the evening, we will be able to visit around a campfire on the banks of Cold Creek.

Day 2, Saturday, August 16th – 240 miles, 6 hrs (ride time). Sierraville to Chester.
This is a beautiful ride through the Northern Sierra’s. We will travel on good paved roads, with plenty of stops for pictures and sight seeing and then have lunch in Chester.
After lunch we’ll return to Sierraville heading around Lake Almanor near Mt. Lassen. The trip back to the ranch will be on a completely different, but equally beautiful roads.

Day 3, Sunday, August 17th
For those so inclined we will be riding around Lake Tahoe on the way back to Sacramento with a late meal stop in Jackson.

We need a head count asap for the Friday BBQ. Please reserve yours now!

We hope to see you there.

Rich Mattes (916) 624-4923

Ron Valdez (916) 616-8137

1 - 1 of 1 Posts