Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,087 Posts
What a REAL biker is, is someone who won't ride past a rider in need. A REAL biker doesn't care what you ride, as long as your in the wind.So, if anybody tells you that you don't have a "biker's bike"? They're not a real biker.
For the OP,,,^^^This is the answer to your question^^^

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I'm not trying to be argumentative here, bu why would someone automatically assume negative things about someone who buys into a brand and wears their apparel? Maybe they like it. Ever check out H-D branded merchandise? It's typically much better quality than is found on other shelf's. Wearing it doesn't make someone a punk.
What makes anyone think that just because someone dresses a certain way or rides a particular brand of motorcycle that that person is looking down on you? Maybe they're not that sociable.....

I spent 23 years active military and then a whole bunch more as a OGA and/or OGS contractor. I have few to no friends that are not from those groups. I seldom even try to have much to do with folks that aren't from those small communities. Doesn't mean I look down on others, I just don't feel we have much in common and I'm good with the circle of friends that I have.

It's like when we get threads on here from someone who waves at everyone else while they're riding then get butt-hurt when someone doesn't return their wave. They race here and in a huff start a thread about how some big tattooed mean looking guy looked down on them and snubbed them. Really??? Want to get snubbed? Go try to break into a conversation at Startbucks with the guys on their BMW's and KTM's wearing their three thousand dollars worth of KLIM gear. They're probably not looking down on your either, they just probably don;t have a lot to talk to you about and they're content hanging with those in their group.

Every brand out there wants you to buy it's product and advertise for them. That's why they are in business. Ever wonder why Wrangler or Ariat advertise so heavily at rodeo's? Just because someone buys the merchandise and wears it doesn't make them a wannabe cowboy.

Hard to imagine someone who knows bikes not know a Honda from a Harley but I guess stranger things have happened. One thing that's true with the vast majority of Honda owners is they haven't did many mods to their bikes. Makes it kind of hard to have much to discuss. Doesn't give anyone an inferiority complex.
What's with the "biker" attitude?

If you ride what you want to ride and you're happy and content with it, you're probably a real biker.

If you wear what you want to wear and you're happy with it, you're probably a real biker.

There's a member on here who proudly dresses as a power ranger and OWN's the phrase. I'm thinkin' he's as much of a real biker as anyone who wears shorts and flip flops, all black leather, or specialty made KLIM. I'd not accuse him of having hate for others who dress differently so why would someone automatically assume the others have hate?

I have a friend who has a $35k H-D and he's easily put another $10k in to it. He's quite proud of that bike... and he should. He started out life dirt poor. Worked his butt off. Sacrificed. Made good decisions. He started with inexpensive bikes and started working his way up. One day he finally could do it and he walked into a dealership and easily wrote a check for the exact bike he wanted. A brand spankin' new H-D Ultra. He put custom seat, custom bars and assorted other farkles on it until it became "his". Think he isn't proud of it? Doesn't mean he looks down on somebody who rides a $1000 imported fixer. I doubt he hates those who ride Honda's. He walks like a badass because he is one. If you called hima credit card biker he'd probably just grin at you and walk away. It would just show your ignorance.

C'mon folks. This thread is starting to get ridiculous. I thought we were past calling people names just because of what they rode or wore. Judging others without knowing them.

As is said often by many who are wiser than me: "Ride your own ride". Get over yourself.
I agree!!!

I know the Power Ranger rider,,,like him too.

Years ago my cousin told me that it don’t matter what you ride as long as your knees are in the breeze. I took that saying to heart and I don’t give a rats a$$ what anyone rides, I try my best not to judge anyone and accept folks the way they are.

I ride in blue jeans, boots, T shirt, and a cut (blue jean jacket with the sleeves cut out) that has patches all over it. I get some strange looks from time to time. If it is cold enough I wear the black leather chaps and jacket. I am not trying to make any statement or fit in with any group, it’s what is comfortable to me and I like it. In the future I plan to get a trike, looking at the Tri Glides and Gold wings, either will work and they both have their good and bad points. I will probably take some test rides and if that doesn’t figure it out I will just flip a coin. I am sure I will still be wearing the same riding clothes no matter which brand I buy.

Am I a real biker??? I dunno,,,I ride a motorcycle and I am not just a fair weather rider. Does it matter,,,not one bit.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Reactions: Mark-B
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.