Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Real biker? I have experience from dirt bikes to endoro, now dual sports. Some fast sport bikes and in my old age I have headed towards cruisers.

A real biker can get on any motorcycle and ride it how it was meant to ride. Not to it's fullest but 75% which is good for any random bike.

· Registered
928 Posts
I guess I don’t get it. I’ve never heard a bike too loud, or a stereo too loud. Maybe people living up north are more sensitive.

I’ve only had had compliments on my two bikes. My Vic has a loud stereo and my Harley has loud pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard bikes that were too loud. Senseless loud and they didn't sound good on top of that. That goes for any kind of bike. I love to hear sport bikes screaming as they head over 10, 12,000 RPM but once in a while someone will get an exhaust system on a sport bike that is just crappy sounding at around town speeds. Just loud and terrible sounding. Better yet when they don't have it tuned right so it snap, crackles and pops.
Cruisers usually aren't bad but the 18 and 19 year old brothers down street have managed to make some of the loudest sounding bikes ever. They were running open headers on an old Gold Wing that was stripped and blacked out. LOL. That was a death trap. When these too got their hands a couple of Harley's the noise level went way up. They had made them louder then straight pipes, not sure how they did that but they did. Better yet one of the Harley's needed about 3 or 4 minutes to idle right so every time that got started up he had to keep rev'ing it up or it would die. Then he would do a slow loop around the neighborhood because he was a afraid the bike would die on a major street before it warmed up. I have no doubt it could have.

The funny part about the two brothers is after buying and selling some thing like 12 bikes between the two of them they finally bought some fairly new Harley's. Then one got stolen at an apartment complex. LOL>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.