Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Many years ago, back in the glorious 80's, I was riding my Suzuki 550 triple with my girlfriend on the back.
That thing spun so fast that it destroyed alternators left and right. (the reason I got rid of the bike is I couldn't afford alternators).
I also had a Suzuki 550 back in the early 80's. You say triple. I had forgotten that it was a 3 cylinder engine, but I think it was. Mine was 2 cycle as well. You didn't have to mix the fuel, but it had a separate oil reserve where you had to keep filled. I don't remember a problem with alternators, but it was fairly new and I only owned it a couple of years.

I had some real experiences on with that bike. One was riding down to the mountains in Tennessee. A friend and I left after work on a Friday. It got foggy after dark, and you couldn't see very far ahead at all. Our visors would fog up. All we could do was to try to keep up with the tail lights of the trucks that were going 80mph. You couldn't see where you were going other than that. Good times...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.