Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,747 Posts
I find this thread very invigorating as the "layup season" for most is about to begin. I can't ever say I been snubbed by any biker in 52 yrs. of riding and I have spent time around 1% crowd with me riding metric. Yes they would ride my arse but we still would go fishing together but I never rode with them as it was HD & Triumph only club. The post EVO crowd are a different sort but for the most part are decent people though on occasion you find one that's a little aloof but they are that way anyway in real life. Riding a Valkyrie I definitely don't have any issues with other bike folk for quite obvious reasons. One of my son's HD friends came up to me and asked "How's feel to be fastest bike here and riding in the back of the pack? We're afraid you would lose us if you were in front." :LOL: The rides/routes they take are very generic in comparison to what I take but.... And yes all my 3 sons ride Harley so I'm still the odd one out so to speak. :giggle:

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,747 Posts
Another myth is that Honda stopped making single crankpin V-twins after this. They didn't. For example, the VLX was a single crank design throughout its production, up until it was withdrawn in 2007, and there are other examples.
Just about all of Honda's v twins are single pin and the rest of the Japanese manufacturer's. Since the 1100 was born it has been the 45 degree cyl. configuration like HD. They then added a single pin crank setup thus producing the HD sound almost to perfection. 96'-00' the single pin models were offered in the ACE and Aero. Honda chose the 1100 2 pin for most of their 1100 models including the 01'-02' Aero. The norm of VT1100's with 2 pin, they sport alloy wheels but the Aero is the exception. VTX1800's are also a monster 2 pin motor thus making quite a formidable powerful v twin. Same PTWR as a 1500 Valkyrie. Quite a beast in a lot of ways. Was a big fan boy of the 1800 as my next bike until I had the pleasure of sitting on a Valk locally. When I went comparison shopping, it took too much physical effort to right a 1800C to riding position. Not a very confident feel whatsoever as I didn't get it off the kickstand and wasn't about to try again either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.