Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
So this is over loud music or pipes? Wow. I’m guessing this is a northern state issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Coop and squidchief

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Back in the 1960's or so there was an interview of a "real biker" by a news reporter.
She asked him what he liked so much about being a biker and in a gang and that type of life.
He said "getting drunk and falling in the dirt".
I’m 1 for 2 then. I love getting drunk…but I’m a professional, so I don’t fall down.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
I guess I don’t get it. I’ve never heard a bike too loud, or a stereo too loud. Maybe people living up north are more sensitive.

I’ve only had had compliments on my two bikes. My Vic has a loud stereo and my Harley has loud pipes.

Reactions: Coop

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Like I said earlier, must be a Northern thing. To each his own down here. We just don’t get bothered by that I guess. Lots of other issues someone being loud.

And LMAO at all the “little man syndrome” and “over compensation” talk. People can’t buy and enjoy what they want? I know a girl with a jacked up pickup that is super loud…what does she have? Lol. People can’t like other things than you like, or they are over compensating?

There is probably a reason none of you have “confronted” a real biker. Everyone is a tough guy, until they meet one.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Hey Theja1,

Curiosity leads me to ask, What is your definition of a real biker?

Thanks,
John
A Diamond 1% patch. Everyone else is a wannabe.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Probably what the Confederates thought as well, until they lost. For all that you go on, you said one thing I’ll agree with.

You really don’t get it.
Ignorance is bliss. You have no idea what you are talking about. Canadians, the other white meat.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Hey Theja1,

Thank you for the reply.

Which are you?

Why does everyone else have to be a wannabe?

Thanks,
John
Because I know many diamonds…I can’t do what they do. They are real. They are bikers 7 days a week. As I was told one time, we aren’t bikers during the week, then play fireman on the weekend. We play biker on the weekends (or whenever you ride), but they do it full time.

Nothing wrong with being a wannabe. Nearly everyone at a college or pro football game wishes they were able to be playing, but they can’t.

My friend @squidchief is dead on with what he says.

I’ve ridden 1440 miles one way to Sturgis twice, and then home. I’ve been to Daytona. I regularly go to Thunder Beach. But I’m a wannabe…I wish I could, but I can’t do what they do.

If you have ever ridden with a Diamond club, you would understand.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Hey Theja1,

Curiosity makes me ask again, do you own a Honda Shadow?

If yes, which one?

If no, when was the last time you did?

Thank you,
John
I had a 2012 Honda Shadow Phantom. Traded it in on my 2014 Victory Cross Country.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Somebody said it first. "Ride your own ride". It's as simple as that. Enjoy! ..and, if it's not enjoyable anymore, find something else to make you happy.

There was a guy on here a while back - huge contributor - a Good Guy. He sold his Honda for a Harley, specifically for the lifestyle. There's real value in that for many people. They go-to the meets, they ride together, and then the BBQ's and the whatnots - They're into that kinda stuff. No harm in it. It's their thing, and good for them.

I met a guy while out riding my Tiger Adv bike one time. I just finished riding the Rim Trail. That was one mucky bike! and there I was covered in dirt. .. Anyways, we got to talking, and he says he always wanted to ride an Adv bike, so, I tossed him my keys and said "enjoy".. I later rode his Harley (though I was worried about making it less shiny! :0),. ...It was a nice bike. Nice Guy! We went for a burger. Had a chat... Anyways, this guy, he was telling me that this soft bagger of his isn't considered a "real bike" by some of the people he hangs out with? ...He was legitimately embarrassed about that! ... There's a real hierarchy in that community it seems!! :0)

There was nothing wrong with that Harley. It was a Really Nice soft bagger. Rode smoother and had softer suspension than does my Vic' ..but ..There's a price to pay for membership to any club I guess. :0) ...Told him not to worry about what others thought, and to enjoy the hell out of That Great Bike.

There are always those who like a certain crowd - who like to fit in, like to socialize, or make a loud statement about who they are through what they do etc. And as long as it doesn't entail quite-literally pissing in my cornflakes, that's okay. Where the problems seem to start (especially on this forum), is when those in some club express their opinions regarding some exclusivity to others...Especially negative opinions. :0)

It's okay if a person is into their clique (or whatnot), but it's not that important to others that they feel part of it. Those opinions about what, or how a person rides - doled out by somebody with strictly limited views on a subject? Well, that's their thing too. And you don't have to take those opinions too seriously.

In regards to that elusive "Real Biker"? ...Honestly? ..F'ked if I know what one of those are? Somebody who rides a motorcycle maybe? The rest? ..wanting to belong to a group? ..Declare themselves socially with some attire or another? It's their thing and it's of little importance to people on the outside.

Been all kinds of people pass through this forum. But Nobody turned into a Real Biker who didn't self-identify as one due to what they wore, or what they rode. A person simply doesn't go from "Motorcycle Enthusiast", to "Real Biker" in the time it takes to secure financing on a two-wheeled vehicle, or a new leather jacket, or some ?? f'kin patch, or whatever). There are people who ride every-single day, and those who just ride for the social life on all brands of bikes. Nobody could be called an expert on judging another because of what a person rides. Anybody who would, are saying more about themselves I figure.

This whole "Motorcyclin'" thing? ..Like has been said. Each to their own. Just have some fun with it.
Do not listen to this man.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
THIS is one of my HUGE PET PEEVES
And this is my pet peeve. People that think you can have more than one. It’s your pet peeve because it’s the biggest peeve you have. You can only have one.

Reactions: Troy Jollimore

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
If a person can have 4 pet cats, 3 pet dogs, a couple of pet birds, they can have more than one pet peeve.
Lol. No…slightly different.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
How so? Some pets are more prominent than others.
I don’t have a pet cat. I have a cat. It’s a family member. And it’s a grammar thing, not associated with pets.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
People can have peeves, but their biggest peeve is their pet peeve. “My biggest pet peeve” is an oxymoron.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
You know, we're pretty much all saying the same thing, just differently. Some have called those wearing vest with patches and loud bikes various names and have made demeaning assumptions regarding their personal bravery, masculinity etc.etc. What's the difference? "the insane belief that the other guy is inferior simply because he's not on my team."
There’s a reason they are doing it on an Internet forum and not in real life. I wouldn’t either…

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Untrue.

Insecure men are more likely to have pit bulls.
Is like to see the study that proves that. I know lots of people with pit bulls and I can’t think of one that is insecure.

Reactions: squidchief
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.