Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am having an intermitted problem w charging.its a 99 shadow 750 ace deluxe.i will charge the battery after its dead.the battery is brand new.it only drains when the bike is running.the stator is putting out i took that harness out that in the line.it had crap built up in it.i have no idea what else it could be.sitting at an idle its fine when i run to the store come out get on it go to start it the battery is dead.i have no idea i checked all connectors wires fuses checked the battery brought it to 2 places they both said its fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sound like your R/R is going on you from this, but it is best to go though the checklist of test before dropping the money on that. Get a Volt meter and do a quick search on here for the tests and see where your at after that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
http://www.electrosport.com/media/pdf/fault-finding-diagram.pdf

Here's the guide referenced by enwewn. It has everything you need to know. FYI a good battery should hold a charge easily for a quick trip to the store. When my charging system went bad, my old battery would last two to three weeks with a daily commute of 5 mi round trip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts