Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit - Red
42 Posts
Is there anything that well make a 2009 Honda 750 areo run faster all I can get it to go is about 105 mph
You might try bolting on a couple of these. Great price on eBay: Surplus liquid propellant rocket engine That would provide an additional 15,000 ft. lbs. of thrust. I would think you could easily exceed 200 mph. Might consider adding Kevlar brake pads in the front.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,257 Posts
Is there anything that well make a 2009 Honda 750 areo run faster all I can get it to go is about 105 mph

That would be about 98 mph. after speedo error. So what were you chasin' @ 98 mph.? Did you catch it finally? :giggle:

·
Registered
790 Posts
roll,
I think gd stated the parts needing changing to go a whole lot faster. So I'd roll on to any dealer, ask for the fastest bike, trade in the cruiser, you might be too young yet for one of these.

Just by the trans alone is the faster master. Can't change that. Gear rear end? You're Fuk'D. Chain and sprockets, you're in luck. 105 speedo error or not, you hit the limiter.

I would not change the tune if 105 is you getting that out of it. Touch the Fiddlefuck, all bets are off you reach that number again. PAIR it, come look around about the degradeables messing with design.

Signed,
Formula Factored In No Touch Club

·
Registered
121 Posts
You got the wrong bike, the bike you're looking for is a CBR, not a Shadow. I'm being serious by the way, because cruisers are made for just that: cruising. They aren't made for balls to the wall flying on two wheels.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,413 Posts
You got the wrong bike if you want to go that fast,,,by the way that is faster than any posted speed limit in the United States.

You could get a nitrous oxide system installed,,,not sure how long the engine would last though.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Bentone

·
Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,236 Posts
This is funny, but I’m feeling you. These bikes are a bit ’detuned’ to maximize low end torque, but the work to make them faster by conventional means (no turbo/superchargers or rockets 😉) gives you a pretty low return on investment. So the advice to trade up holds good, though you don’t need a crotch-rocket to get that extra speed. My father was saying my ‘83 Shadow 750, when he had it, would regularly get walked all over by one of his co-workers’ Nighthawk 650. My SV650 has the same horsepower as my Shadow, which is rated way higher than your ‘09. So a bigger cruiser (1100cc+) or moving to a naked (regular) bike (650+, I test-rode a GSX-S750 and it was QUITE rapid) would give you your speed fix.

For track days or spontaneous trips to Mexico, of course! 😉

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
1,199 Posts
Howdy rollon1958!

An aftermarket exhaust with proper jetting could get you maybe 5% - 10% more hp. (An aftermarket exhaust without proper jetting could lose hp.) Not sure, but there may be an aftermarket ICM that would change timing for some more torque or a different power band. Don't know of any hot rod cams, pistons or heads available. No such thing as aftermarket final drives to change the gear ratio either.

Removing any excess weight or excess wind resistance will help a bit with speed. Basically, these bikes are cruisers -- not even close to power cruiser status.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,677 Posts
I don't think there is much that can be done with that RC50 engine, unlike various earlier versions.
It is pretty much locked into what Honda wanted it to be with a single carb, revised head castings and mild camshafts.
You can make it louder and shuffle a couple of horsepower in there, but it is not going to go much faster.

Best bet is to leave it stock, shine it up and trade it in or sell it before you waste money on it and modify it to make it less desirable.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Ummm you do know there's a reason they call these "cruisers"? Doesn't matter what you do to it, pretty much any 600cc sport bike will run circles around it. And for what it would cost to make it fast, you could just buy the sport bike and have both.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for having your machine run at it's full factory potential. And I'd consider hitting 105 indicated as already there.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,902 Posts
Ummm you do know there's a reason they call these "cruisers"? Doesn't matter what you do to it, pretty much any 600cc sport bike will run circles around it. And for what it would cost to make it fast, you could just buy the sport bike and have both.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for having your machine run at it's full factory potential. And I'd consider hitting 105 indicated as already there.
It doesn't even take a full sport bike. I have an old Yamaha Radian 600 which will tear them apart.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Playing upstairs is a whole other next window of time. That's a lot of weight to bring down. So let's work on the brakes and about 2k will cover it. One disc, one caliper, a master, a line, stops on a dime. Okay, now we matched the price of the bike's trade-in value and you think someone is going to pay double for your excellent braking system? Well, there goes you wanna go faster, don't use the brakes as soon.

Let's see, WOT's next, looks like you swung open the door before you touched it, auditioning for the biggest XXX rated MPH around. Highest number I've seen here.

Wear out to now? I know, faster! Start dragging pegs down, you've got the straightaway pegged (pun), go find some corners.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hard to tell if roll is 64 or likes the era, and Impala convertibles in black. If he's 64 on a bike to see the scenery, not the next gas station, might this be buyer's remorse, roll?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 1986 VT700 that will do 118mph. The newer ones are much slower because they steadily reduced the power over the years. To give you an idea of how much power has gone down my bike is 62 hp while a new 750 Phantom is only 44.6. If you want a cruiser with some power you will have to buy a old bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is funny, but I’m feeling you. These bikes are a bit ’detuned’ to maximize low end torque, but the work to make them faster by conventional means (no turbo/superchargers or rockets 😉) gives you a pretty low return on investment. So the advice to trade up holds good, though you don’t need a crotch-rocket to get that extra speed. My father was saying my ‘83 Shadow 750, when he had it, would regularly get walked all over by one of his co-workers’ Nighthawk 650. My SV650 has the same horsepower as my Shadow, which is rated way higher than your ‘09. So a bigger cruiser (1100cc+) or moving to a naked (regular) bike (650+, I test-rode a GSX-S750 and it was QUITE rapid) would give you your speed fix.

For track days or spontaneous trips to Mexico, of course! 😉
That 650 Nighthawk had more power than your 750.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts