Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok so I'm having an issue getting my front brake to get pressure. Ive bled the master cylinder, the brake line, banjo bolts, I blew out the bleeder valve, banjo bolts everything I can think of and no pressure yet. Any other ideas would be helpful thank you

Registered
Did you do it like a car when replacing the master cylinder? You either run a bleeder hose out of the brake line on the master cylinder and point it beneath the fluid level in the master cylinder, then pump away. This will force all the air bubbles out of the master cylinder. The other way is a brake fluid flush injector, I really don't know the true name of it, I think I got this from Napa. The fluid flush injector you fill it with brake fluid like you do an injector needle. Then you put it where your brake line goes into the master cylinder and shoot the fluid in there. You keep repeating this process until you get no air through it. Then you connect your brake line back up and bleed the entire system. Bleeding the brake cylinder separately isn't necessary but it gets the air out a lot quicker.

Registered
Here is a good way to bleed a line.

Registered
If the piston in the master cylinder is assembled correctly, it's just a matter of a lot of pumping to get all the air out through the brake caliper bleeder. Did you dissemble/rebuild the master cylinder? if so check that..

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
If the piston in the master cylinder is assembled correctly, it's just a matter of a lot of pumping to get all the air out through the brake caliper bleeder. Did you dissemble/rebuild the master cylinder? if so check that..
I did not disassemble the

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I did not disassemble the

Registered
1 - 11 of 11 Posts