Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex bf told me the 750 Shadow has a reset on it in case you lay it down. That it locks up. If this is true how do I reset it. No plans on laying it down but my plans might not fit in with some idiot who doesn't see bikers. The ex bf jerked the handlebars while I was riding it in the driveway and laid me down. (jerk) said he had to reset it or it won't start. I couldn't find anything on the internet, so hoping you guys can help me. Thanks. 2001 Shadow btw.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, he sounds like a real good candidate for "ex" status. I've never heard of a reset switch...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
he's wrong.

·
Registered
839 Posts
So, is it safe to assume that your bike won't start anymore after it was laid down?

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
The "ex" is making stuff up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I beg to differ with you Nay-Sayers!
They do have a 'Reset Button'!

Most Honda's have a tilt angle sensor that shuts off the bike if it goes past a certain point. The "Reset button" is the ignition switch, it must be turned off then back on again for the bike to restart.

My new Phantom has had a Honda recall on the tilt sensor and must be replaced!

My GoldWings have had them, my ST-1000's have had them, my....All of my Honda's have had them since at least the 1980's.
It is item # 12 on this schematic.
2010 Honda VT750C2B Parts, 2010 Honda VT750C2B OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Reset

I beg to differ with you Nay-Sayers!
They do have a 'Reset Button'!

Most Honda's have a tilt angle sensor that shuts off the bike if it goes past a certain point. The "Reset button" is the ignition switch, it must be turned off then back on again for the bike to restart.

My new Phantom has had a Honda recall on the tilt sensor and must be replaced!

My GoldWings have had them, my ST-1000's have had them, my....All of my Honda's have had them since at least the 1980's.
It is item # 12 on this schematic.
2010 Honda VT750C2B Parts, 2010 Honda VT750C2B OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com
That sensor is only on Fuel injected bikes. There is no tilt sensor are carburated bikes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That sensor is only on Fuel injected bikes. There is no tilt sensor are carburated bikes.
Wrong again! :-D
My 2 ST-1100's had 4 carbs
My 5 Gold Wings all had 6 Carbs
My....I can keep going!
All of them had bank angle sensors. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 1990 Gold Wing SE has a bank angle sensor switch. I know partly because the ones they used the first few years were faulty and I had to have mine replaced on a recall. The other reason I know is be cause a few years ago I got to "field test" mine. It worked! I'm thinking it has more to do with the bike having an electric fuel pump rather than fuel injectors as my wing is carbureted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This jerk grabbed the handle bars while I was riding, tg I was going slow and laid me down. He tried to tell me he had to reset it. He didn't want me riding it without him. Well I will be riding without him!!!!! I tried finding info on the internet about it but found nothing. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Accidents do happen and I want to know what I need to do in case something happens. After he laid me down I just stormed off and left him to pick it up. Put a tiny scratch on it but no major damage. So I have no idea what he did. He lied A LOT! And ex is a very good word for him.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
for him to grab the bars is a no no i woulda kicked his arse
but thats me hah thats just wrong

yay for X
hahaha you should drive by with some1 else on it with you hahahaha

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Learned something. Some bikes have tilt sensors. Checking the schematic for my bike, I don't believe mine is one of them.

Back to the OP. If the bike was already running when the ex "needed" to reset the switch, then the ex is a jerk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
most defanatly nedd to ride by w/some one else on it, 04 aero bought totaled and rebuilt, must not have a sensor, bought it on it's side, brought it home charged the battery and hit the key, fired right up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any bike that has a fuel pump usually has a tilt sensor to shut off fuel flow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.