Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well I really like to see those. When you really get down to it though, it's pretty much the same as a Boss Hoss. Nice to ride through the parking lot in front of that girlie you've been trying to impress. But would you really want to take that thing on a trip? I like to do things like that. Use a machine to do something extremely different than for what it was designed. That's really on a different level. Standing in a parking lot causing everyone to gawk and stare is about all it's really worth.

·
Registered
18,130 Posts
I grew up in a TV shop, we installed car stereos in many vehicles (as well as motorcycles)...
Walt came out on his way to the coffee shop to see if I wanted anything, as he came up I was straddled the engine of a chevy van with the motorcover off, I looked over at him and said, "All I need is handlebars" as the motor was directly under me, straddled it...

I don`t know that this didn`t do something to my inner thinking and rationality???

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

EDIT>>
My curious mind wants to know?
On those "Boss Hog" Bikes, is Nitrous really necessary?

·
Registered
503 Posts
i think when you have to move the handlebars via linkage its too far, but thats just me.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Definitely a highway bike .... LOL

trying to imagine the commitment it took to make a Bike like that ... wheeew

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You'd have to be 'committed', all right ;-)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Not street legal not very well done and should not be parked in a handicapped spot. I'd rather see that motor in a nice street rod.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i think when you have to move the handlebars via linkage its too far, but thats just me.
Back in 2002 I began to ponder this thing. I spent hours on the internet looking at ones other people had built. Many of them do have pushrods with linkage and belcranks. I thought about that, but those were bigger, heavier. Mine could have had that sort of system, but it's smaller. I had a little concern about whether I'd be able to make a left turning U-turn with handlebars this long. Turns out it's fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.