Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 83 VT 750 I just checked all of my plugs. Three of them looked fine the one plug that goes in on an angle on the front cylinder was black and sooty. But the other plug on the front cylinder look perfect as did the two on the rear cylinder.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Is this the first time you changed the plugs yourself? Is it possible the PO didn't change that plug? ^^^jpr1968. Make sure the plug is firing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Switch the two plugs on that cylinder. You'll know if its a bad plug or something wrong with power going to that plug. You can work from there.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a question about the two plugs per cylinder one is on an angle where the other one is straight in which one is the one that actually fires the fuel and which one is for the secondary purpose?

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,582 Posts
Change the plugs around as suggested to find the issue no matter which fires 1st. etc.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
they both fire at the same time, the combustion chamber is heart shaped and the spark plugs are on each side of that heart shape, this creates a more efficient burn

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Plug wire seated firmly on black plug, bad plug or spark plug wire or wire not seated properly at the coil. Spark plugs are cheap, buy a new one and gap it, then insure connections are secure at the plug and coil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.