Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent thread by tbphoto had me thinking. Why not start a thread that celebrates milestones that we encounter as we ride our bikes? So, here's the deal.
The thread is open to anyone. All it takes is a photo of the odometer and of course, as much information as you'd like to provide. While we probably don't need 5 mile updates on your daily commute, notable milestones such as your first 500 miles on your new bike, first four-digits on the odometer that AREN'T all zeroes :grin2: or the requisite 10,000-15,000-20,000-etc are welcomed. Recommended service intervals are also welcomed, as it reminds us all about this segment of ownership.

They don't all have to be YOUR miles/kilometers, since many bikes are purchased used. We're celebrating your bike's achievement, not yours!

Anyways, here's my contribution:

It was a dark and dreary day, when my 1998 AERO 1100 turned 50,000 miles. As rain-soaked rats, we toiled our way down 301, headed south to our home ports. The market for Froggs Toggs was brisk that day, and there was even a purchase of arsenal-less chaps! :surprise: We soon realized that waiting under cover through a south-bound rain storm didn't net the progress we were hoping since we merely caught up with it a few miles down the road. So, we did what any self-respecting rider worth their salt would have done. We stopped for dinner!!!
:grin2:
After our meal, the storm had enough of a head start that we didn't have to worry about our full stomachs getting soaked again. Moral of the story: You MAY meet some of the nicest people on a Honda, AND, some notable milestones MAY appear in the middle of a rainstorm.

·
Registered
16,269 Posts

On nearly 29,000 today, this picture is old...
The second Go Around...
My milestone is upcoming once I reach 40,000 it read when I bought her

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Not an even number, but an awful lot of bikes will never see thus many miles, and I fully expect this one to easily go well beyond double that! Since this pic (early august) I've put about 1300 miles more on it. I love this ST! I have about 3k on it since I got it in late june, not a lot by some standards, but considering it has set not ridden for at least a month total it ain't bad.
I'll add bigger milestones as they come.
Good thread idea!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
New milestone today. As of 12:30 pm, I had put 350 miles on in the past month (since I bought it). Then I got "lost" on the way home and put about 50 more on. Amazing how that happens, isn't it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Who knew that I could inspire anyone. :shock: Anyway, as in my other thread here is a shot of my speedo and milestone. 20,000 miles. I've had this bike for three years now. Only about 7000 of these miles are mine but I'm proud of every one of them. This is my first ever bike and I have learned a lot. I hope to add many more miles. The little "ding" in the speedo is a reminder to myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Bought the bike in July of 2014 with 2000 miles on it. Rolled over 10,000 back in July this year. As of now it has 12,200 on it. Not too bad seeing I've been working 50-60 hours per week for the past few years and has cut into my riding time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is how long the meter bulb lasted before burning out.
I snapped a pic just after I replaced it.

All but 2700 are mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just passed another one!

Hit this on my way out for a 120 mile cruise on the red and white bike. Had to stop and take a pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Not good at posting pix, but the FlyinJenni rolled past 10,000 miles today.
These last 2000 miles are mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Beautiful day today in Northeast Ohio. Pulled over in the park to snap this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought my 05 Spirit 1100 in June 2014 with only 8660kms on it. I just rolled 40 000kms last week on it...not bad for a relatively short riding season in south-western Ontario, Canada. Just makes me wonder: What were the three previous owners doing with this incredible bike before I bought it? I rescued this pristine find from being a garage queen. I tell my friends the only problem I have with this bike is when I'm not on it.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
About this Discussion
147 Replies
55 Participants
X3r0
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing