Honda Shadow Forums banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Noticed on a dinner stop on my 267 mile ride today that the odo was at 999. 23 days ago it was zero.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,249 Posts
Missed it....i was on the interstate hauling butt on the way too work, I snapped pic AFTER.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Almost to ONA !!!!!!

Noticed that the Red Ryder was getting close to 30 clicks and with a nice push of forty miles, it'd be well double of the mileage when I purchased it. I decided to head south until the odometer clicked over to mostly zeroes and see where I was when it all went down. Heading south on old hwy 37, I weaved my way down through the Florida countryside, passing ghost towns, phosphate mines and weaving back and forth over railroad tracks that parallel most of the road.

There are some desolate stretches as you go further down, and I found out that many years ago, some guys built an old power plant that is exactly 30,000 miles away from the dealership where this bike was originally sold! Lol. I pulled over and got some pics before too many numbers crawled back onto the odometer. The small (and I mean SMALL) town of ONA was just a few miles down the road.

I took another way home, weaving up through the mines and checking out their progress. Then, it was a leisurely ride back to the house. We've been having a particularly warm spell (been running the A/C for the past few days) but there was a cold front moving in. The miles around the small town of Homeland were absorbed between riding and looking at the clouds that pointed out exactly where the front was located. You could see a definite line where the front was located. I drove under it in Bartow and you could feel the difference in the air.

With the change in atmosphere, it stirred up a line of showers. I almost beat 'em home! I put on over 100 miles total and got wet on the last two of em! They were slow miles, so the rain didn't sting too bad. Lol. All in all, a great, memorable ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Ain`t No other milestone set for mine, I done got the 100,000 I wanted to see...
It Rolled over 163,000 whilst out on my New Year Day Ride to start out the year with even numbers;)
Rode 150 yesterday...

We RIDE
D

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,020 Posts
My Wing. Bought her with 9600 on her July 31 2018 yesterday she rolled over 20000!

Good guys ride black bikes!!!!

·
Registered
'93 VT1100C
190 Posts
Updated my sig photo, and took those 2 pics a few days ago.

The 5th time I see all zeros on the odometer. the first one was on the showroom floor!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

The 5th time I see all zeros on the odometer. the first one was on the showroom floor!

Nice!! How ya been man?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'93 VT1100C
190 Posts
Very, very well blue flames.

As you can see on my sig pic, I replaced my disk rotor (MD1080RS); a two parts job; was a bit wary when I received it, it looks quite different from the original one, clearances are very tight with de caliper mount. Works great!

Here, in eastern Canada spring has been a slow starting affair; cold & rainy. Not even 1000km in april but 3400, 5400 and 7700 km in may, june & july.

How about you in wonderful & scenic Utah?

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
5th time?? WOW

And I thought I put miles on @ 166,00 I`ve put on my baby...
That`s some RIDING!!!

I`m setting a milestone now of the first 100 miles of riding...
Deer caused me a LONG delay in straddling the saddle...
You can`t keep a good man down,
D

EDIT**
I am not riding yet, however I AM looking forward to the day Dr says I can...
They won`t let me drive yet, much less RIDE...
I WANNA RIDE<> BUT!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Very, very well blue flames.

As you can see on my sig pic, I replaced my disk rotor (MD1080RS); a two parts job; was a bit wary when I received it, it looks quite different from the original one, clearances are very tight with de caliper mount. Works great!

Here, in eastern Canada spring has been a slow starting affair; cold & rainy. Not even 1000km in april but 3400, 5400 and 7700 km in may, june & july.

How about you in wonderful & scenic Utah?
Been great! Went to North Carolina in May and met some other goldwing owners and I got to ride the Dragon! Lots of adventures with my gorgeous wife @Lady Blue ! Now she is taking over my 1100 spirit and I love it! That is a different looking rotor.

·
Registered
'93 VT1100C
190 Posts
And I thought I put miles on @ 166,00 I`ve put on my baby...
That`s some RIDING!!!

I`m setting a milestone now of the first 100 miles of riding...
Deer caused me a LONG delay in straddling the saddle...
You can`t keep a good man down,
D

EDIT**
I am not riding yet, however I AM looking forward to the day Dr says I can...
They won`t let me drive yet, much less RIDE...
I WANNA RIDE<> BUT!
On father's day of '11 been hit on the right side by a car; "happily" that was a slow speed bump; my right leg took mostly all the shock; few damages on the bike but got an open tibia-fibula fracture; got a titanium rod and been off road till september and off work for one more month. Rode in september with a cane tied to the backrest.

Everything cured perfectly: happy ending!

·
Registered
'93 VT1100C
190 Posts
Been great! Went to North Carolina in May and met some other goldwing owners and I got to ride the Dragon! Lots of adventures with my gorgeous wife @Lady Blue ! Now she is taking over my 1100 spirit and I love it! That is a different looking rotor.

Quite different yes; center is aluminium an the friction area is stainless; by the specs of Honda the EBC is ±1 mm thicker than the original but minimum thickness stamped on it is 1 mm thicker so no win no loose on that side. Rode nearly 10,000 with the EBC with EBC organic pads: no noises and braking is not different from stock.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts