Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered parts from 2wheelpros. They shipped them within two days, and are supposed to be here on Monday. Unless something is wrong with the order when they arrive (which is unlikely), it has been a very pleasant buying experience.

· Registered
5,354 Posts
OEM is short for Original Equipment Manufacturers, this used to mean made by the original equipment manufacturer.. however some sales outlets now use OEM to mean that it was made to the original manufacturers specifications.. They can justify this by saying that a manufacturer will often have parts made in another country by a manufacturer that has a different company, such as Harley farming work out to Indian firms.

A local factory makes brake pads for many different car manufacturers who sell them at different prices.. When they make XXX make they have a small insert in the moulding tool that has the car manufacturers name on it, they leave the insert out when they make the cheaper copy pads sold by a big universal part company.

John.

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OEM is short for Original Equipment Manufacturers, this used to mean made by the original equipment manufacturer.. however some sales outlets now use OEM to mean that it was made to the original manufacturers specifications.. They can justify this by saying that a manufacturer will often have parts made in another country by a manufacturer that has a different company, such as Harley farming work out to Indian firms.

A local factory makes brake pads for many different car manufacturers who sell them at different prices.. When they make XXX make they have a small insert in the moulding tool that has the car manufacturers name on it, they leave the insert out when they make the cheaper copy pads sold by a big universal part company.

John.

that is good to know and I hadn't considered that...

· Registered
1,274 Posts
I've found that Partzilla.com has the best prices by far, for OEM parts.
NOPE! Compare Partzilla prices to ProCaliber prices and you'll notice the difference. Partzilla also requires your purchases to be over $299 before you get free shipping. I used to be an avid partzilla shopper for oem parts before I discovered ProCaliber.

· Registered
5,282 Posts
NOPE! Compare Partzilla prices to ProCaliber prices and you'll notice the difference. Partzilla also requires your purchases to be over $299 before you get free shipping. I used to be an avid partzilla shopper for oem parts before I discovered ProCaliber.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out. The thing I don't like about Partzilla is that their shipping rates are based on total purchase, and the higher it is the higher the shipping rates are. That is pretty lame ..

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not for my fender... same price to the penny,
my insurance check covers it no problem, but I thought I might save a few bucks

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea it's:
35040-5063-28k

the two places I named in the first post have a considerable lower price than anywhere else 2wheelpros seem to get favorable review (for the most part) but powersportswharehouse does not, that's a shame, they have really good prices.

I intend on making a few phone calls on monday to make sure of stocking as well as to whether the item is actually a genuine part as per John Hopkins

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Yeah seems powersportswarehouse is the lowest at $555.08. Definitely give them a call to set your comfort level. It's worth a call to save a couple of hundred bucks. I'd be shocked if they were selling non-Kawi OEM parts using kawi OEM part numbers, but maybe I am not informed. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.