Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought mine from this seller on Ebay. Came today, brand new. Have seen posts from others looking for replacements. You might try contacting him, and ask if he can help.

Honda Tool Kit VT750DC VT750DCA VT750DCB 750 Shadow | eBay

This guy carries a lot of OEM parts for older models at his storefront. Worth a look.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
did you not get one when you purchased your bike?..i bought my bike used and it didnt have one,i thought the previous owner had taken it off and he said no,so i thought the 1st owner might did..now im not so sure,it may not have even came with one when bought new...i know that when i purchased my 1st brandnew honda in 94 it came with a tool kit..i asked a cpl of local honda riders i know and theirs didnt come with one either,but they bought theres used at the dealer..so im wonderin if honda is even puttin the tool kit on the bikes now..i called the dealer to find out how much one was,it was 75$..,the tool i needed to take out the front axl to put new tire on was on 8$ so i just bought it..lol..

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought my 09 used, had a tool roll but it was nearly empty. Don't know if the P.O. lost the tools or the dealer appropriated some of them. I'm guessing the dealer got them, they were a shabby outfit and have since gone under.

Someone also posted here, Cheap Cycle Parts has the full kits and also sells the tools individually. I can replace the missing stuff for mine for about $40.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Tool kit

did you not get one when you purchased your bike?..i bought my bike used and it didnt have one,i thought the previous owner had taken it off and he said no,so i thought the 1st owner might did..now im not so sure,it may not have even came with one when bought new...i know that when i purchased my 1st brandnew honda in 94 it came with a tool kit..i asked a cpl of local honda riders i know and theirs didnt come with one either,but they bought theres used at the dealer..so im wonderin if honda is even puttin the tool kit on the bikes now..i called the dealer to find out how much one was,it was 75$..,the tool i needed to take out the front axl to put new tire on was on 8$ so i just bought it..lol..
$75 for the OEm tool kit is a waste of money. It's maybe 5 dollars worth of tools. For $75 you can put together a descent tool kit your self that would do a better job and probably cost a lot less then $75.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
748 Posts
IMO the only thing worth a sh1t in the OEM tool kit is the spark plug socket, and that's only because it's thin enough to fit in the spark plug hole. The rest you can put together for a heck of a lot less than $75.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lakota, I appreciate your post. I haven't bought the missing tools for mine yet so thanks to you now I have more options. Guess I just tossed in the info about Cheap Cycle Parts so anyone else reading the thread would have all the info they could get.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
. . . Guess I just tossed in the info about Cheap Cycle Parts so anyone else reading the thread would have all the info they could get.
Understood. I sometimes forget what a good group of guys we have here. Guess I'm too used to forums where each guy is just trying to elbow everyone else. Got too old for that a long time ago, but I still play the same tapes, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I picked one up from eBay as well, I think it was $20...the tools are a little cheap, but I don't have any storage space as of yet on my Shadow, so having the tool kit that fits in the holder under the side cover was worth the $20 to me. Even had to use them the last couple of days!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts