Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say thankyou to everyone who gave me information and suggested Roadhouse 65 Specials for my 05' SS750. I put them on this weekend with some minor setbacks such as getting off the stock pipes and them sending the right kit but wrong directions (Spirit 1100 directions). I removed the baffles before starting the bike up. When I started the bike it just about blew me out of the garage! The sound is amazing and its louder than most harley's I've heard. I bought the scratch and dent special and the pipes are flawless so for a total of $230 dollars including shipping this was definately the right move. I have a buddy with 750 spirit and he has Vance and Hines with a jet kit that cost him about 600 including installation. This kit sounds just as mean if not meaner for way less. I recommend these to everyone I couldn't be happier with my choice. So once again thanks for eveyone's input on this it's just plain awesome. I'll post some pics soon and video's so you can hear what it sounds like. Might cut baffles in half since I will probably sound like an a-hole or get a ticket.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
alramirez_82 said:
I just want to say thankyou to everyone who gave me information and suggested Roadhouse 65 Specials for my 05' SS750. I put them on this weekend with some minor setbacks such as getting off the stock pipes and them sending the right kit but wrong directions (Spirit 1100 directions). I removed the baffles before starting the bike up. When I started the bike it just about blew me out of the garage! The sound is amazing and its louder than most harley's I've heard. I bought the scratch and dent special and the pipes are flawless so for a total of $230 dollars including shipping this was definately the right move. I have a buddy with 750 spirit and he has Vance and Hines with a jet kit that cost him about 600 including installation. This kit sounds just as mean if not meaner for way less. I recommend these to everyone I couldn't be happier with my choice. So once again thanks for eveyone's input on this it's just plain awesome. I'll post some pics soon and video's so you can hear what it sounds like. Might cut baffles in half since I will probably sound like an a-hole or get a ticket.
Just remember...the acustics in your garage will be different than on the open road. I suggest taking it out for a quick ride...a couple of hours should do the trick.

Congrats on the pipes.

(I still think the Vance & Hines Cruzers on the Spirit 750 sounds very nice.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

I did take it out for a ride and was very pleased. It might be too loud without baffles but I like it like that for now. Sounds really good on the highway and I feel cars will hear coming much better than with the holesaw mod. But the Vance and Hines sound really good but this was all I could afford for now so I'm happy. Later on I'd like to rejet and upgrade.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
(I still think the Vance & Hines Cruzers on the Spirit 750 sounds very nice.)
Agreed, The cruzers sound amazing!, but yes, they are expensive to buy new, I paid around $650 Canadian all together (Jet kit and pipes)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good to hear.
I put V&H Straights on our bike w/o the baffles at first. After a couple rides that were over an hour, the wife and I discovered that our ears were numb (right side especially) and had some difficulty hearing for a little while after so I bought the baffles. Still sounds damn good and the cages still hear us coming.
Did set me back close to $500 for the pipes and jets. All of which I installed myself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the roadhouse brand too, I really like the look of the 'classic' 2-into-1 pipes with the serrated head pipes. Since my bike is already jetted I should have no problems (I hope!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts