Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i the sabre is having some issues...

my motor was running hot, found that the fuse for the fan was blown, replaced that...

i have had a ticking issue that comes and goes... and now the oil light is coming on... it will come on a for a few seconds, then go off especially at idle... or when i come off the gas... and of course the ticking is getting louder and stays around more...

please tell me its not what i think it is "oil pump"

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would make CERTAIN that it's not the oil pump ... It could be a valve adjustment issue ... But if it's ticking I would watch out ... You don't wanna blow the engine ...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
You don't need a valve adjustment. The valves on the Sabre 1100 and NOT adjustable.

Ticking in the 1100 Shadow series motor is very common. It occurs often enough to be considered normal for a lot of these motors. Yes, it's very irritating but it is generally not detrimental to your mill. Often a change in the brand and/or wieght of oil you use will eliminate or lessen the tick.

Again, it is not uncommon for an oil light to come on momentarily on decel or at idle. Often you will see an oil light at idle on bikes that have had their idle setting adjusted too low.

How many miles on, and what weight/type of oil are you running?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
TYPE of oil is critcal. Also is the level correct? When you checked the oil were you holding the bike UP? Was stick set in the hole or screwed into the hole?
Some tick is considered "normal". I call it my oil change and low idle warning.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses guys, im changing the oil and oil filter tomorrow...or wednesday, i just used the oil that they gave me at the honda dealer.. i think it was 10-30...

the ticking comes and goes... i can live with it... hopefully its just time for a oil change.. i have almost 40,000 on it..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Gat803 good call ... Bear in mind I'm still in the 80s ( my bike ) ....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.