Honda Shadow Forums banner

361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
VT 1100c 1994
220 Posts
No one heard about this oil of course :D
They seem to be (seem..) a big thing here in the UK, but the company does not have a wikipedia page even :D and the fact that many UK bike websites listing them as cool might only be backed by the fact that Putoline sponsores all the biker shops, and biker websites... And sells it's products everywhere. I couldn't find any review that is not written by a reseller, nor any professional comparison. Only commercial BS.

But hell, this is the oil I've got. :D the JASO MA standard should be a guarantee that this is good for wet cluthes.
Hi,

Putoline is a small manufacturer from the Netherlands, they're specialized on bike oil only, and they're doing that for some decades. AFAIK they belong to Kroon Oil. I have used the Nanotech oil for my vt1100c and I was very happy with it and to me it's better then the Motul (my very subjective opinion). Gear shifting was just great.

It's a bit difficult to get Putoline here in Germany, and it's a bit pricey. Once I had some questions about the oil and I received an answer from the tech guy on the next day, and I got some stickers too :) . What I like about them is that it's a small-medium sized company withour sharehole-value intererest, and not a multi-national enterprise, and they have ecxellent stuff.

Next time I will try out the Fuchs Silkolene Pro 4 15w50 (API SM/SN, MA-2) as it's a bit cheaper and easier to get (with 15w50 the bike sounds much better). Still, Putoline has great oils for bikes and you should give em a try!

kind regards
Florian

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,050 Posts
Good information but not much availablity in the USA.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
So... when I had my Dunlop’s installed last year, I had the Honda shop change my oil (which I usually do). They put that filter on permanent! Yakshemosh!

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,539 Posts
If you have the correct filter wrench, even tight they will come off. If not (or in an emergency?) you can ram a long screwdriver completely through the filter and twist off. However, even though I have the filter wrench, I switched to Fram that has a coating on the outside end and put them on and off with a nitrile glove hand tight. Removing the filter by hand is much simpler than finding the wrench.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
If you have the correct filter wrench, even tight they will come off. If not (or in an emergency?) you can ram a long screwdriver completely through the filter and twist off. However, even though I have the filter wrench, I switched to Fram that has a coating on the outside end and put them on and off with a nitrile glove hand tight. Removing the filter by hand is much simpler than finding the wrench.
I have the proper filter wrench... I was disheartened when it flattened out the little corners instead of loosening it. I had to get a small strap metal type to do it instead. It’s a pretty good shop, I was quite surprised that they must have wrench tightened it.

361 - 365 of 365 Posts