Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Completely spaced it I have all kinds of Family in is Central FL. The plan is to ride over and park it for the winter. I take my family to Disney every March but this year I'll be riding home instead of flying. This trip WILL happen in the next few weeks. I could take a day, I could take 4. I have ZERO ISSUE with a 100 or 200 mile detour. Anyone want to meet up and show me your neck of the woods?

First leg has to be to Shreveport LA to visit the wife's hometown. She may or may not be with me. If she is, after a short visit I'm off to New Orleans to drop her off or just pass thru...Katrina and all.... I know it's been a while but I wanna take a peak seeing how I'm right there.

This way I get to know the bike on my own terms and the feel of "need to get it done now" is off the shoulders. Dates for this are up in the air but date for returning to NH from Disney is 3/27/12.

NOW I get to ride my way. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to a new sig pic too. You guys will let me stay won't you?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
With a new bike like that? You Vinnie, you a gotta stay or I'mma gunna senda my Uncle Tony to a you place!:p:lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmm.... San Antonio is only about 3 hours away from me. There's a lot of great things to see and do there.

A Hill Country Ride would be a great way to get acquainted with that new scoot.

And if you happen to have any issues with seat comfort, I know a guy in SA that can hook you up with a custom job for very little scratch. He does fantastic work.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
glad you finally made your (final?) decision. But are you sure you want to leave your new baby in FL over the winter. I know you wouldn't be able to ride it much back home but at least you could go out into the garage and look at it, touch it and sit on it. If it's in FL you're just going to dream about it and this will be the longest winter of your life. just my $.02

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
glad you finally made your (final?) decision. But are you sure you want to leave your new baby in FL over the winter. I know you wouldn't be able to ride it much back home but at least you could go out into the garage and look at it, touch it and sit on it. If it's in FL you're just going to dream about it and this will be the longest winter of your life. just my $.02
Thanks for that.... :p lol

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

Completely spaced it I have all kinds of Family in is Central FL. The plan is to ride over and park it for the winter. I take my family to Disney every March but this year I'll be riding home instead of flying. This trip WILL happen in the next few weeks. I could take a day, I could take 4. I have ZERO ISSUE with a 100 or 200 mile detour. Anyone want to meet up and show me your neck of the woods?

First leg has to be to Shreveport LA to visit the wife's hometown. She may or may not be with me. If she is, after a short visit I'm off to New Orleans to drop her off or just pass thru...Katrina and all.... I know it's been a while but I wanna take a peak seeing how I'm right there.

This way I get to know the bike on my own terms and the feel of "need to get it done now" is off the shoulders. Dates for this are up in the air but date for returning to NH from Disney is 3/27/12.

NOW I get to ride my way. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to a new sig pic too. You guys will let me stay won't you?

Here's how I would get from San Antonio to Shreveport. Much more scenic and keeps you off of I 35 more. You do not want to be on the slab between San Marcos and Waco. Between Round Rock and Waco are multiple areas of congestion and construction, and unlike other metro areas, people in South Central Texas do NOT know how to drive in traffic, or out of it for that matter. I have seen multiple accidents on my trips to Waco over the last couple of years. Always a high speed rearender in areas of congestion.

San Antonio, TX to Shreveport, LA - Google Maps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unless you are trying to make good time I would stay off the interstate as much as possible. There is a lot to see along the Gulf coast. You will want to take I-10 through Mobile unless you are stopping there. Try not to go through Mobile between 4 and 6 in the afternoon during the work week,the tunnel can get backed up. I live near Pensacola, PM me with a phone number if you would like to discuss some routes through the area. Going to Orlando from Pensacola I would hug the coast if you have time instead of doing the interstate.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's how I would get from San Antonio to Shreveport. Much more scenic and keeps you off of I 35 more. You do not want to be on the slab between San Marcos and Waco. Between Round Rock and Waco are multiple areas of congestion and construction, and unlike other metro areas, people in South Central Texas do NOT know how to drive in traffic, or out of it for that matter. I have seen multiple accidents on my trips to Waco over the last couple of years. Always a high speed rearender in areas of congestion.

San Antonio, TX to Shreveport, LA - Google Maps
Aren't you leading that leg? ;)

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey TXShadow49.... you DID plan on showing me these right? :)
Yeah, I'll be going there before heading out. Thanks! Time to google maps!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Canyon:
Texasshadow49's proposed route via Texas Highway 21 through College Station is a very good route. Lot of nice country through there. You should strongly consider it.
Actually I think I save 3 Sisters for a next visit. I'm trusting TXShadow49 will take me somewhere nice, butter me up, get me thinking I should put out, I won't, then he takes me out a little farther and wacks me. hahahaha j/k

Seriously, I have no doubt that he will take me on some nice roads out of town in the general direction I need to head. The route I posted was a general idea. Starting point will be obviously where the bike is and I pick it up. From there any route TX pix to get me to Shreveport. From there I just need to get to Ocala, I think I'd like to go thru New Orleans.

I'm up for planned routes posted on Google or just riding with someone int he area to the next "check point" It'll be fun!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.