Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took in a customer's bike and he had no manuals what-so-ever. It's a 1988 VT800C that hasn't run in over 5 years. Battery dead, clutch doesn't work (totally free lever), and the carb's butterflies are stuck (cables move).

My immediate dilema is getting off the seat. Have freed up the grab strap, but see no obvious other stuff that needs to be loosened/removed. Previous Shadow I worked on had a couple of Allen head cap screws under the middle of the seat, but this one I'm scratching my head on.

So, what's the secret??

Okay to email me at: gbyoung2 at verizon dot net

TIA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took in a customer's bike and he had no manuals what-so-ever. It's a 1988 VT800C that hasn't run in over 5 years. Battery dead, clutch doesn't work (totally free lever), and the carb's butterflies are stuck (cables move).

My immediate dilema is getting off the seat. Have freed up the grab strap, but see no obvious other stuff that needs to be loosened/removed. Previous Shadow I worked on had a couple of Allen head cap screws under the middle of the seat, but this one I'm scratching my head on.

So, what's the secret??

Okay to email me at: gbyoung2 at verizon dot net

TIA
EDIT: Never mind. Found the "secret."

·
Registered
128 Posts
cutting torch?

:shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.