Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a member of the forum here 'til about 5 years ago when I traded my Saber for a VTX. Loved the Saber, love the VTX. I've ridden mostly Honda's most of my life. Not a brand snob, just kinda worked out that way. Now the time has come to pass my love for motorcycling along to the next generation, my son. After looking at Rebels and coming to the conclusion that they were too small (he's 6ft and all leg) we were able to save a '98 VLX600 from a nearby barn. Original owner, 2500 miles, sat for 4 years with oil, gas and coolant all left in it. We've got a bit of work ahead of us, and I can't tell who's more excited.

So, here are the things that I will search here:
Gas tank rust removal
drive chain rehab
Coolant flush
carburetor rebuild
engine flush

I'll also be taking the rims and hubs for powder coating (rusted thru chrome). I'll need something to stand it on so (a) we can take the wheels off and (b) we'll be able to work on it while the wheels are off. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for all the good words I know I'll get.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'll need something to stand it on so (a) we can take the wheels off and (b) we'll be able to work on it while the wheels are off. Any ideas?
Too bad we can't turn our MC upside down like we did with our bicycles to remove the tires. Sorry i can't offer any advice but wanted to welcome you. Should be fun to work on it with your boy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too bad we can't turn our MC upside down like we did with our bicycles to remove the tires. Sorry i can't offer any advice but wanted to welcome you. Should be fun to work on it with your boy.

Amen brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts