Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,827 Posts
Ya, I guess I went thru many many v-belts by taking off trying to spin the wheels, with that belt-tightener set-up. The centrifical clutch was like a new invention back then, and seemed like an automative transmission to me.
..and you know I still spend all day (or days) out in the shop fabricating past to this day. I went out in the shop at 10 A.M. yesterday, and didn't come back in the house untill 10 P.M. last night!!! Talk about an obsession!! :?

· Registered
4,827 Posts
I Hear ya!!
I am just fortunate that my dad was a heavy equipment mechanic and always had his share of "part" to scrounge thru. And I spent many days in the local dump picking thru old lawn mowers for parts. I can't believe how many people would actually throw a lawn mower out when the wheel fell off!!! I re-built more lawn mowers with parts from others and sold them to my less fortunate neighbors.

· Registered
4,827 Posts
ERECTOR SET?!!!
OH - MY- GOD...
I can't believe the things I built with one of those!! I only wished that I had access to that angle iron with all the holes in it (like you can buy at hardware stores) Kinda like a life-size erector set!!! The neighborhood would never be the same!

· Registered
4,827 Posts
I don't recall seeing those Erector set anywhere lately (of course I don't spend much time in the toy isle anymore!! LOL)
I don't think they would sell very well nowadays, the kids don't seem to have the fabrication "drive" we did back then. They have all those new toys we only dreamed of having. Like they say, "Invention comes from neccessity" and we had to make our own toys or do without.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.