Old School baby...
Father/Son project - christmas present

The look on his face = FUN!

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TucsonDon said:
Two questions:

1) Is the frame custom made, or from a kit?
2) What kind of engine do you have in that?

When I was a kid, lo these many years ago, many of the mini-bikes were powered by a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower engine on a tubular steel frame custom made in someone's garage. The drive mechanism to the rear wheel was often a V-belt through a torque converter clutch mechanism. Low-tech, to be sure, but fun.
We found the frame on craigslist. The guy had purchased one, painted it and assembled all the parts. I think he ordered the kit from:
http://www.mfgsupply.com/GoMiniKits.html
The orignal owner never was able to get it to work with the motor he had for it and by the time he got around to it his boys were kind of outgrowing it anyway. We purchased the Tecumseh 3.5 hp motor that was reccomended for this kit from the same company. The motor was a Christmas present for my son. We spent the day after Christmas getting the motor put on and all that stuff. This project has been a big success for us. Time together and letting him noodle out some of the problems and watching him develop troubleshooting skills etc.
-=I think I get as much of a kick out of it as he does!=-

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Legos! Rule at my house. My sixteen year old still plays with them!

This is the other hand made christmas present at my house this year. It's a simple mod but this boy shows it off everywhere he goes

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes, sorry should have captioned the picture better...
It's a USB Flash Drive. Took the casing off and hollowed out some Lego pieces to make it.

Saint! You don't know how many times I've thought about you as I have taken a Sunday ride through Strausburg and Front Royal...

I would like to meet face to face sometime. I am moving to Utah very soon... Wife and kids will probably remain here untill schools out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.