Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am presently lookin at windshields.. I am coming up with Memphis Shades as many Members are satisfied with this brand. Anyone that has my bike can you tell me if you have 7 or 9" opening at the headlight. Or how do I measure that? Do i measure across or up/down or it dont matter cause its round. Also I am looking at the 19". I have found a couple of sites via the members here and am so glad for your help..Some also suggested I get the lowers. Since my bike is black, they suggested I get the clear windshield and black lowers being that I can always change the lowers, but the clear windshield because if some point in my life I change to colors of my bike I wont have to change the color of the windshield.. Thank you dear friend for that suggestion.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am getting a new gradient blue plastic replacement for my 19" memphis fats as I have a blue ACE 750 and the black tint shield and it does not look quite right.

I measured the opening of the cutout on mine - it is 8 3/8" across. I called Memphis Shades as I was not sure if I should be replacing it with a 7" or a 9". They said that the 7" was actually the 8 3/8" cutout and the 9" was a bit over 9 1/2.

The 7" would be the one you require as the 9" would have too much of a gap around the headlight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seven. You may want to rethink the black lowers. The clear ones nearly disappear on the bike, and look much better, IMHO. But you are right to buy the lowers along with the shield. They're gonna help reduce the head buffeting. Ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.