Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.....Back riding again after a 6 year hiatus.....Huntsville Texas is where I call home.

Just picked up this 2005 Sabre last night from a dealer in Beaumont TX. Got it for what I think is a good price at $1850. Has 15K miles on the odometer. Best I can figure someone bought it, added the bars, pegs, windshield and bags, rode it for a year or two then parked it and finally used it as trade in for a Harley at this dealership.

Looks like it was stored outside. In the pics you can see where the pipes got surface rust right under the bags. The rest of the bike needs a lot of elbow grease to get shiny again. Recommendations on what to use there would be appreciated. I know it will never be showroom shiny again but I'm sure it can get better than it is now.

Bike started right up but I don't know how old the battery is. Front tire looks new but back tire matches the filmy dirty stuff on the bike so I'm thinking it's original. I didn't have it tied down right in the trailer and the first bump I hit leaving the dealership it fell over. Crash bars kept the tank safe but the windshield took a hit and cracked.

Regardless, for the price I think I got a great bike and if a tire, windshield and elbow grease to clean it is all I have to worry about then I think I did pretty good!

Here's to seeing you on the road......:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Use coke (not diet coke) with heavy duty aluminum foil to get rid of all surface rust. Shine it up with Blue Magic metal polish cream.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Rule #1: always use tie downs. Congrats on the purchase of your "new to you" bike. BTW Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
471 Posts
1850 is a great deal! I paid 3k for my 04 sabre with the same amount of mileage.
Good for yoU! And welcome aboard!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've searched and read the stickies but still can't find a link to a shop manual for my bike. Can anyone pm me a link? I'm seriously doubting that any maintenance was done on the bike and I want to make sure this one lasts me a while. Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts