Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And get his autograph! As some of you know, our friend Graham will be visiting the colonies this summer. He is going to be visiting with my wife and I from July 10 to 16. I know that Dzzred and Billy have indicated an interest in hooking up with him during that period, and he has told me that he would be delighted to meet as many as possible of the 'ol Shadow gang. I guess I'd better start thinking about hosting a glittering reception in honor of our distinguished guest, and probably the most convenient time for still-working stiffs would be Saturday or Sunday, July 14 or 15. We can get a happy few crowded into the shabby little shoebox we call home in Placerville (more if we all hold our elbows in) but sadly we have only one guest bedroom which will be occupied by the aforementioned distinguished guest. So I guess close-by visitors can come up for the day, and long-distance visitors will have to stay in Placerville motels (there are some).

This will be informal and ad hoc to a large extent, since the memsahib and I will be getting back from Thailand shortly before the festivities and will not have time to properly flog the household staff into shape, but I doubt if many of you will demand strict protocol and full diplomatic honors. Will you? If so, please supply your own engraved invitations and arrive in complete formal kit. Thank you.

Anyway, feeble humor aside, think about it and either indicate here or PM me if you you'd like to show up. No rush, we've got plenty of time, but pencil it in if you're interested.

· Registered
286 Posts
Not just 'yeah', but 'hell yeah'! :twisted:

Where/when else can you meet someone who can recite Monty Python, chapter and verse?!? :lol:

Does the complete formal kit require a bug removal from the jacket/chaps outfit? :wink:

G

·
I'm gonna have to figure something out. That's my boy's birthday weekend. :? Keep me updated on what's going on that weekend. I'm sure I can get away for a few hours :D :D

· Registered
8,119 Posts
Just one question:

The Queen's bagman isn't going to be nailing us for past taxes is he ? What I mean is, he isn't coming here on an IRS / UK work exchange program I hope ? I haven't been audited in a long time and would like to keep it that way.

:)

Chris

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Queen's bagman isn't going to be nailing us for past taxes is he?
That's a private matter between Graham and his sovereign. I did hear that he's bringing a big empty suitcase, though. They're still a little miffed over there about that nasty business at Yorktown and would like to collect for confiscated muskets.:lol:

Does the complete formal kit require a bug removal from the jacket/chaps outfit?
No, we can hose down guests as they arrive and call it part of the festivities.

· Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C.
1,390 Posts
The 'legendary' Collector, huh? You would be talking about the really tall guy with finely chiselled features, the body of an adonis, drives the chicks wild, frightened of nothing, sneers at danger, ****s a snook at death and so on........................

Boy, are you all gonna be surprised when a short fat ugly nearly bald dude with a goatee turns up :lol:

The 'other' Collector

Also available for Bar Mitzvars, Dealing with the Recalcitrant and Smiting the Ungodly. And windows cleaned. Very cheap rates. Ask anyone.

· Registered
549 Posts
DzzRed66 said:
Sparc said:
Send him south!

Miguel can put him up in his guest house!

Sparc
That wouldn't be the Dog House, would it??? :wink: :lol:
lol!!!

no, he really is talking about my elegant guesthouse! :lol: when sparc and the lovely sparc's hotchick come to visit for the weekend they stay in my guesthouse...my 18' travel trailer! :lol:

but i'm not making everyone pancakes in the morning! :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.