Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to get an option to turn WYSIWYG on and off for posting?

If I go to edit a post, it only gives a WYSIWYG edit option, and if I am wanting to change a hyperlink or .img tag, I can't, I have to delete it and start over.

·
Premium Member
1994 VT1100C
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that does work for links, but not pics.
Still not as good as disabling WYSIWYG, but is a workaround. I can't see everything on the screen at once.
Also, when I click on it, it does not show the entire link at once, since most links are longer than the post box allows to show at once.

Again, it is more clicks than it was before. Seems everything takes 2-3 clicks or more that used to take one (or even none).
In an attempt to dumb it down it makes it more complicated for those that know how to use code (and use a computer, not a phone or tablet).

This is the first forum I have seen that does not have the option to turn it on and off completely in the message box.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Yes, that does work for links, but not pics.
Still not as good as disabling WYSIWYG, but is a workaround. I can't see everything on the screen at once.
Also, when I click on it, it does not show the entire link at once, since most links are longer than the post box allows to show at once.

View attachment 282169

Again, it is more clicks than it was before. Seems everything takes 2-3 clicks or more that used to take one (or even none).
In an attempt to dumb it down it makes it more complicated for those that know how to use code (and use a computer, not a phone or tablet).

This is the first forum I have seen that does not have the option to turn it on and off completely in the message box.
We to continue to collect all the feedback and forward it to our development team. You can expect weekly updates to the site.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
807 Posts
No worries at all. That is why we are here. :)

Can I ask a huge favor of you though?

Could you post all questions, feedback, etc regarding the new platform to our feedback thread? It helps us log all of the information in one spot for our developers.

Cricket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts