Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we'll see how they really are. I ordered the classic two into one for the vt1100. I'll get a pic or two once they are installed. Almost went with V&H longshots, but they sounded a little too loud, and the roadhouse seem to have a better deeper rumble. Plus the RH don't require rejetting according to them, this is supposed to be due to the factory dia. head pipes, creating the proper back pressure....wish me luck??????

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy them, I had the 65's on for about 8000 miles and switched back to stock as when on long trips just got tired of the noise, but that's just me, the Sabre does sound better with after market pipes and it sounds like it runs faster...... :roll:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would really love to read a report on those.....I didn't recall seeing the part about not needing rejetting....hmmmmmm

but those save a lot of room with the one lower exhaust

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I really like the twin pipe look better, and the V/H were cheaper. I hope I won't regret it. From the sound clips heard, I think I'll like the RH...I will let you all know how it works out....thx

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
razzer said:
Well, we'll see how they really are. I ordered the classic two into one for the vt1100. I'll get a pic or two once they are installed. Almost went with V&H longshots, but they sounded a little too loud, and the roadhouse seem to have a better deeper rumble. Plus the RH don't require rejetting according to them, this is supposed to be due to the factory dia. head pipes, creating the proper back pressure....wish me luck??????
raz,
Did you go with the serrated heat shields or the smooth shields?
I love the look of the serrated shields..........

I've heard the RoadHouse pipes are not real loud but really improve midrange performance. I've also heard they're very solid, very quality pieces.
Good luck and let us know how you like them.
Phil

·
Registered
943 Posts
razzer said:
Yeah, I really like the twin pipe look better, and the V/H were cheaper. I hope I won't regret it. From the sound clips heard, I think I'll like the RH...I will let you all know how it works out....thx
That is the same argument I have been playing in my head for a month, I like the single look better, but like the cobra sound, but the single frees up room, I was also considering the samson dual,as they appear to be one on top of the other

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pipes

RoadHouse are supposed to be very good pipes, good sound and low noise level.

As for the V&H pipes, their is one thing ppl forget, is that there are a lot of baffles available including "quiet baffles"

I had 2 sets of V&H, the Cruzer on a ACE 750 with standard baffles and the Long Shots on a Vulcan 1500 with Quiet baffles. Would you believe that the ACE was louder than the Vulcan?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regaurding the heat shields, I went with the smooth ones. Roadhouse told me that the serated ones tend to discolor and tarnish very quickly. They offer cleaner for that, but I'd prefer not asking for more cleaning time if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good sound zooka . flick that wrist. They sound good , whats in them for baffles ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks!!
They have a simple bolt in baffle about 6 inches long, wrapped thinly with steel wool. I removed them once, but without rejetting, too much backfire on throttle release.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts