Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully they will be in next month. Ordered them from a local dealer. Went with the Dunlop 140-80-17 front for $85.00 & 170-80-15 rear $109.00. I checked with many on line stores and some dealers these tires are no where to be found. By the time they come in I will have a little over 11,000 miles on my set. I'll post some pics when they get mounted sporting my new white walls. :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with Mike! You'll have to let us know how they look and fit. I've heard the 140/80 tire will work but as you know the ACE comes from the factory with 120/90s.

-Scott

·
Registered
549 Posts
silvershadow55 said:
I agree with Mike! You'll have to let us know how they look and fit. I've heard the 140/80 tire will work but as you know the ACE comes from the factory with 120/90s.

-Scott
it will work. i ran my ACE with the WW for years without any problems. it's only .5 inch taller (if i remember correctly).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks Mike! It's the width that had me wondering. the extra 20 mm is about 4/5 inch wider.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I had the Wide White Walls installed on my front but it rubbed something bad. We spent 2-3 hours on it trying to get it not to rub. The rear fit fine but the front was a b*tch. I even took the front fender off....but it didnt look right. I thought about shaving down the inside of the fender down to make it fit. Again a good thought but thats all it was. ....In the end I returned mine and got the stock replacement. After it was all said and done im now thinking...maybe the nuts on the axle were too tight and pulled in the forks too much which would have bent the fender in....but....im not sure that would even be possible. Oh well maybe next time ....

I hope it works out for you. Good Luck

1 tip of this prosess i learned is to not inflate the front tire all the way untill you get it in place.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope I don't have that problem. I'm just going by what several other people have done and have no problem with running a 140/80/17 up front. Thats my only choice if I want w.w.w. I'll let everyone know when they get mounted. Hopefully I'll be :D

·
Registered
76 Posts

hey if you make it work it will definatley make your bike rise above the rest. Thousands of ACe's have them on ...unfortunatley mine wont be one of them....at least not this round of tires

·
Registered
270 Posts
pocket aces said:
Hopefully they will be in next month. Ordered them from a local dealer. Went with the Dunlop 140-80-17 front for $85.00 & 170-80-15 rear $109.00. I checked with many on line stores and some dealers these tires are no where to be found. By the time they come in I will have a little over 11,000 miles on my set. I'll post some pics when they get mounted sporting my new white walls. :D
You know that we have been told that these would be ready by :
July 06
Aug 06
then Oct 06
Nov 06 .

Hope they do come for you but all correspondance from Dunlop is not to be believed .

I have a brand new backup in storage , I saw this coming way back in last year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you know whether the dealer from whom you ordered your ww tires, ships internationally? Even better, lead me to them and I will find out myself.

Thanks,

Kevan (South Africa)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts