Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the drive thru ordering food at the local jack in the box holding the bike up while oredering I moved my foot just enough for it to slide big time thru a fresh minute drop of oil first thought was woah "'!%# then damm I got to lift this thing while stradled over it. I did and did a look over all i saw was a little scratch on the bottom of the exaust pipe. Already rubed it out . Whoa I say to drive through users on bikes. All time time the lady was ( may i take your order x3 ). No harm no foul.

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
Haven't had Jack in the box in a long, long time. Probably slipped on all the grease form their burgers and fries(maybe their mystery meat taco's)

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
i guess it's not a good time to say that I used to get D&D coffee at the drive thru quite often when I had the the Harley dresser and reach back, open the tour pack and put it into the little compartment back there without incident.. yeah, probably not a good time to mention that

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
reminds me of a toll bridge with oil coated steel grating on a windy rainy night...

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Tolls are the worst. For the longest time I didn't have an easy-pass. After maybe 2x thru the oil bath on the regular cash booths I got an easy-pass. Not to mention removing the gloves, fishing for the wallet, on and on. It's worth the price of admission ... LOL. I haven't had the pleasure of the Jack-in-the-box experience on a bike yet. ;).

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
LLLL, our local Burger King will not serve motorcycles in the drive through...
I did our local burger king in a golf cart with the grand kids. They had a blast and so did the staff.

I have to take my helmet off to hear so I don't do drive through's on the bike. You know, helmet off, hearing aids put in, pull forward, gloves off,,too much effort for me to do it again,,did it just the once.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
reminds me of a toll bridge with oil coated steel grating on a windy rainy night...
We only had one steel grated bridge in Manchester when I started riding..how I hated that thing on the bike, but it is things like that that really teach us

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
LLLL, our local Burger King will not serve motorcycles in the drive through...
NONE of our local drive throughs will serve motorcycle, bicycles, pedestrians, or anything but a 4 wheeled car really.

Not sure where I would put my food once I got it on my bike anyways, without holding up the line to put it in my back pack. Worth it to me just to go inside and pop it in my back pack and run out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NONE of our local drive throughs will serve motorcycle, bicycles, pedestrians, or anything but a 4 wheeled car really.

Not sure where I would put my food once I got it on my bike anyways, without holding up the line to put it in my back pack. Worth it to me just to go inside and pop it in my back pack and run out.
The previous owner was kind enough to add among other items a magnetized carrybag. All 4 corners hav magnets inside the bag arms thus they wont scratch then you just lay it on the fuel tank or in mycase the rear fender. Great gadget before the bike i had never seen one. Its extra sturdy ive taken two fs Glocks with 300 rds of 9 mm ammo to the range 12mi away no prob.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The previous owner was kind enough to add among other items a magnetized carrybag. Its extra sturdy ive taken two fs Glocks with 300 rds of 9 mm ammo to the range 12mi away no prob.
That bag must hold tight to the tank... that is not a light load. I guess those magnets are stronger than I thought they were. That kind of cargo is not something you want flying off your bike!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That bag must hold tight to the tank... that is not a light load. I guess those magnets are stronger than I thought they were. That kind of cargo is not something you want flying off your bike!
Its very sturdy. The the guns I carried just once , my neighbor took his vstar up to the range with me Otherwise i take them my truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.