Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Have a 2003 Shadow ACE delux which is red. I want to two tone it just like the years previous. So it would be red with the white/cream on the outside of the fenders and tank

Does anyone know the color code for the white/cream color or a link where I can find the color codes

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
225 Posts
al Gilliland said:
Hi Everyone

Have a 2003 Shadow ACE delux which is red. I want to two tone it just like the years previous. So it would be red with the white/cream on the outside of the fenders and tank

Does anyone know the color code for the white/cream color or a link where I can find the color codes

Thanks
Al
any good paint supply store should be able to pull the codes. they typically have "chip books" that are laid out by manufacturer. i dunno if bikes are as easily found as cars, but i would imagine they are.

find you local duPont, PPG, speis hecker, or other national paint distributor. if you can't find them under "paint" in the yellow pages, call a couple local body shops and find out who they get their paint from.

you might also try your local auto shop (in my part of the country, some o'reillys stores have full blown paint shops in the back)

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
Hi Al, and welcome aboard! Lots of great folks and info to be found here at HSN.

You can check in the owners gallery (link at top) to find someone with the red / cream colors. Then with a quick PM, they may be able to get the codes right off a panel on their bike. I know there are at least a couple that post regularly. Maybe add "Red/White" to your original subject line to attract their attention.

Hope this is helpful.

CB

·
Registered
296 Posts
Call the Honda dealer.
Any one will do, doesn't even have to be in your area or where you got the bike.

Just ask for the Parts dept and have your VIN ready, no doubt in my mind they can give you the code.

Heck, they looked up the one for my '84 in about 3 seconds.

-K

·
Registered
462 Posts
I second cer1. Go to Color Rite's web site and you will find this info.

Year: 1998 Make: Honda Model(s): VT750 Shadow A.C.E.,

Code Paint Name Comment Color Chip ColorRite Top ColorRite Base
R223 Pearl Sedona Red 2900
Y137M Pearl Ivory Cream 2915 1915

The Pearl Ivory Cream is a base coat, top coat, clear coat (tri-color), where the Pearl Sedona Red is a single coat then clear coat.

I had to touch up on one of my bags and the red matched pretty close. But, as with all metal flake paint, the color and consistency of the flakes vary. If you look at my right bag in the sig pic, you can see about 3/4 back where I tried to blend in the color. The new flakes were just a little brighter. On the cream I had a local paint shop try and match and it came out a little darker than the original. OK for painting whole panels but not too good for touch ups.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That's a nice color combo choice. I'm sure you'll like it :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts