Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Hobbies? Let's see. (Too blasted many.)

SCUBA Diving and Snorkeling. (No not Free Diving, those people are intense.)

Cooking

Eating

Target Shooting. (Handgun, small bore rifle and large bore rifle.)

Finding interesting ways to make things go "Boom" without getting caught.

Annoying my neighbors:wink:

I'm looking at getting back into Orienteering and if time and finances allow it I'll also get back into survival camping.

Did I mention annoying the wife?

Cat

·
Registered
517 Posts
I see that the definition of hobby is stretched here so will do the same.

I play keyboards and have played in church for about 30 years and now I'm retired but not from occasional playing. I ride hybrid pedal bike(until getting shadow) approx. 60 miles a week. Do bootcamp workouts 4 times a week @ 5am. I am a coffee/beer nut and plan on drinking even more of both but not at same time. I am into weather and would like to one day tornado chase(maybe on a bike). I love to follow the news(tv,online) and spend lots of time watching discover/history channel.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
. . . I am a coffee/beer nut and plan on drinking even more of both but not at same time. I am into weather and would like to one day tornado chase(maybe on a bike). I love to follow the news(tv,online) and spend lots of time watching discover/history channel.
Coffee? Did you say coffee?

Two big things in common: I'm a coffee fanatic, and I love the Discovery Channel and magazine.

We need to talk . . .:-D

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
My wife.

Vodka.

My friends.

My Bike.

My Home.

My Life.

Life.

Have fun and enjoy - NOBODY gets out alive!

Cherish what you have!:wink:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hobbies... flying, photography, graphic design, gardening, animal training, herbology... drinking beer... sleep is one of my favorites... Not a lot of time right now for any of it due to working full time and going to school, as well as taking care of my parents a few times a month. I'd like to get involved in brewing beer one of these days.

·
Registered
314 Posts
rock climbing.
drinking.
Hmmm, seems like an unhealthy combo ;-)

I work out a lot - swim 1 1/2 mile a day, exercise bike an hr a day (used to ride the streets till I got hit; ran marathons till I blew my knee out. Staying healthy is gonna kill me :)

I keep fish. Have a 260 gal tank with 2 African Clown Knifes that are 24" long. They eat 75 goldfish every 5 days. Expensive hobby, but the HOLY SH!T reaction I get from folks when they see them is pretty cool. And the cat is afraid of them ;-)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I juggle, I spend a lot of time doing stuff for the camp that I volunteer for during the summer.I watch trashy TV. I spend time with my wife, and enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Did the gun collecting a bit, Had 14 of various types but got too expensive after a while and sold quit a few. But still have some. Love my Baretta 92F But when not riding my Shadow I ride the dirt bike, or flying RC planes, I used to teach at the club to noob pilots and own about 20 planes (I lost count over the years) and when not doing that I build and fix computers for a little side money and it paid for my computer which cost a fortune when I built it. and my latest is house hunting so when I finally find one I want, I better hold on to all my other toys... Because I won't be able to afford any new ones :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::eek: HMMM and I still find time for drinking and women :-D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Been playing bass for over 32 years. Tried to make a living at it in my youth. Got that out of my system. Spent a lot of time in bars not making much money. These days I play for my church, play in a few bands here and there and do a local Cabaret show every year to benefit a local Hospice. At last count I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 guitars and basses, full PA, drums, several keyboards including a '65 Hammond. Too much and if I thought of the financial outlay over the years I'd get dizzy. But it's a passion and I'll never stop playing.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like to build and fly large scale R/C planes.
Also have a Corvette I'm rebuilding.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
In my spare time I like to drive my husband and dog crazy. :D

Edit: I also enjoy beer, mostly all sports but hockey is #1, reading, music, food, wine, exercise, and Dexter.
:shock: Sooooo...basically you sit, sprawled, on the couch drunk, watching this "hockey" BS all the while yelling at your husband and dog to fetch stuff for you. :p

You watch Dexter too? Now I'm worried...about me. Somebody's god...please don't say I'm as weird as she is. :shock:

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I like cute, little bunnies.

(Bunny stealing Spiritman's cookies...)

I also collect obscure/obtuse, oddly funny pictures.

In honor of Spiritman (I'm a kiss-a$$)...

In honor of Old Dad (originally posted for his retirement party!)

In honor of bedhead....

I'll bet that my post winds up deleted/edited, but that's fine - it's all done for fun!

Enjoy it while it lasts! Heh-heh!!!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Hmmmm....

Music - I read, write, compose, record, and perform a variety of music, on a bunch of instruments - most especially on my trusty Fender Stratocaster. Other instruments are bass, mandolin, violin, trumpet, trombone, french horn, flute, clarinet, and more...
{Basically, I am one of those multi-instrumentalist type of guys who plays a little of everything}

Golf - I love golf, but don't play as often as I would like. My best round ever (so far) on a municipal 9 hole course, was a 39 (Par = 35). If you multiply that out, it would have translated to a 78 on an 18 hole course, so therefore, I officially broke "80". LOL... :p

Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors - Yup... I love everything with the outdoors, and go hunting every fall and fishing as often as I can too. I own a few firearms like everyone, but I did sell my compound bow. I'll get back into archery when I have more time to dedicate to it.

Freemasons / Scottish Rite - I don't know if you'd classify this as a hobby, but, it is a very deep and very historical fraternity that I am proud to be a member of. Currently, I am a 32° Scottish Rite Mason, and also Senior Deacon at my lodge.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts