Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. Finally got my bike out of the dealership. I've done 400km already in two days. Lots of fun. If anyone of you fellow shadow owners wants to meet up for a ride let me know. I will also be riding a lot with the Ottawa CMC 011 chapter, they're fun folks to ride with.

Cheers

Amouri

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
This is my busy time of year at work, you will see street sweepers cleaning up the roads starting tomorrow.

If your interested again come June, I would be willing to ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my busy time of year at work, you will see street sweepers cleaning up the roads starting tomorrow.

If your interested again come June, I would be willing to ride.
June it is. Sweepers are big bonus. Streets are cleaner than I anticipated but cleaning that curbside grit is always welcomed.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Send me a PM if you want to head for a ride sometime.

I went out a bit yesterday and I think I'm going to take a short ride this afternoon as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send me a PM if you want to head for a ride sometime.

I went out a bit yesterday and I think I'm going to take a short ride this afternoon as well.
I just saw your PM. It was a good weekend for riding for sure. I'll let you know soon when I am heading for a ride again.

·
Registered
145 Posts
CMC 093 out of Pembroke On here. Will see you through the summer I suspect. Drop me a PM sometime.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Kinda reviving a dead thread...

Anyone else out there around the Ottawa area? Would be nice to see some other local Honda Shadow riders. As it is right now, when I am riding with other cruisers, they're usually HD's.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was in the Ottawa area for years up till 2011.. when the company i was working for was bought out by an American outfit and Gutted.

I used to ride with a guy at work and his friends, but they all had harleys... Was that close to trading in my ACE for a Vrod.. that close.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A quiet thread, but hoping there's still someone monitoring. I'm an Ottawa Member here too, just hacking out a front brake issue at the moment, but hopefully this last bit of rain will help clean up the roads for the start of this 2017 season. Always looking to meet new and fellow Shadow riders. Weekends are best of course.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to the top. I had never heard of the CMC, just located and joined my local chapter; Napanee 068.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'll be out tonight. Probably meet up with some riders in the west end close to Goodtime Centre. Most of those guys & gals are on sportbikes though. Later, I'll probably head over to the east end at Timmys on Innes by Costco and hang out there for a bit. Have a coffee and hang out with the local pirates and power rangers.

Saturday is looking pretty nice. I would be up for a ride with others. Could head either south, west or over to the Gatineau side. As long as the route has some twists and bends, I'm happy.
@smurfy71 Let me know what you think of CMC. I went on a few rides with the Ottawa Chapter a couple of years ago and found their pace to be a bit on the slow side. One member came up to me after a ride, apologized and then said, "we don't normally ride that fast!" My heart sank a bit because I thought the pace was a bit on the slow side. To each their own though. Overall good group and a friendly welcoming environment.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
I'll be out tonight. Probably meet up with some riders in the west end close to Goodtime Centre. Most of those guys & gals are on sportbikes though. Later, I'll probably head over to the east end at Timmys on Innes by Costco and hang out there for a bit. Have a coffee and hang out with the local pirates and power rangers.

Saturday is looking pretty nice. I would be up for a ride with others. Could head either south, west or over to the Gatineau side. As long as the route has some twists and bends, I'm happy.

@smurfy71 Let me know what you think of CMC. I went on a few rides with the Ottawa Chapter a couple of years ago and found their pace to be a bit on the slow side. One member came up to me after a ride, apologized and then said, "we don't normally ride that fast!" My heart sank a bit because I thought the pace was a bit on the slow side. To each their own though. Overall good group and a friendly welcoming environment.

Will do. Seems I already ride with a few of the members. We have a ride on the 2nd Sunday of each month that my church's minister organised. A few of the CMC guys ride it with us. The pace is pretty good usually. Not sure how many rides I'm going to get out on with CMC, seems they ride Thursday nights, my son has football practices on Thursday nights. I'll try and make a few though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for bringing this to the top. I had never heard of the CMC, just located and joined my local chapter; Napanee 068.
Quite a few CMC riders around me and just north of me in Barrie. I never bothered to join as I can never really commit to anything. But I hear that they are a fine bunch.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went for a ride yesterday from Ottawa to Kingston and back, traveling about 320 kms in the process. The weather was perfect with temps as high as 30 Celsius with clear blue skies and the ACE ran like a top. Not too bad for a 21 year old bike. I stopped at MotoSport Plus in Kingston to see if they might be able to do an oil & filter change and they took me in immediately. Awesome service and this has to be one of the nicest motorcycle dealerships I have ever see. They are a Harley / Honda dealer, but had mostly Harley bikes on the floor. There was a nice teal/white bike that resembled my Shadow. Also on the floor was a bagger in metallic red, but the $46,600 price tag is a bit too much for me. They also had a Canadian 150th Anniversary bike, number #79 out of only 100 made that was also cool. On the way home, I stopped in Smiths Falls and had a 1/2 price Peanut Buster Parfait at the local Dairy Queen. Great ride and a great day in the sunshine.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts