Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my father. It seems that a guy in his park is selling his bike.

2003 H-D 100th Anniversary
1200 Sportster.
5600 miles
Double seat complete with Sissy Bar.
Screaming eagle pipes
Foreward controls

From what my father said the bike is in absolutely mint condition.

The price? $4600.00.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money.

Ouch.

Cat

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
That price is about right on. The frame changed later in the decade and then went to FI. Those are holding their value a bit better. Anything older than like 2006 is dropping to that 5k or below area. Good deal price I would say would be around 3500.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Not around here, it isn't. That's just about average for an early 2000's 1200 Sporty.
Could be up there, Gat. Most guys round here want $5500 plus, which prompted my comment, so thanks for that insight.

Cat - why not low ball the guy and see if you can make a deal?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I would say that price is a tad high as you can pick up a 2008 Sporty here for 5950.00 at one dealership.

One a side note - Sportys are very popular with guys around these parts. Sure you get the occasional a-hole who wants to poke fun but their a-holes anyway.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Sportys are a dime a dozen here. That's not such a good price anyways. Don't worry, there'll be plenty around when you save your money. Seems like most only ride them the first year then try to get rid of them, which should tell you something about owning one.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Sportys are a dime a dozen here. That's not such a good price anyways. Don't worry, there'll be plenty around when you save your money. Seems like most only ride them the first year then try to get rid of them, which should tell you something about owning one.
Such as?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts