·
Registered
2017 Indian Roadmaster
983 Posts
looks like someone has some big brass ones to make a dent like that!:p

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Damn,, were you wearing a steel jock? Makes my stomach a bit queasy.

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're made of steel I tell ya, yet they had to go in and put a repair weld on the right one.
Yup, it was just like the comercial. Squeel, Bam. She crossed the double yellow right in front of my 2011 RS with less than 3000miles on it.
I'm insured, so it should be repaired by the time I am.
Bent the fork tubes, tank dent, rear turn lite, peg and handle damage.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
sorry to hear/see this..like someone else stated,youre keepin spirits up and laughing thats a good sign. bikes replaceable but as you know a life isnt..glad your "ok" so to speak..wishin you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Thanks all. I'll be fine and in good spirits as long as the Oxy holds out. But.
There is the wife going "I told you not to get the bike" lol
sometimes that hurts more then anything else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update:
They finally got the last parts in. They put the forks on and went to mount the tank and guess what?
The frame is bent under the tank. New damage total over $6400. Adjuster due again on Tue. Boarder line totaled bike with 2900 miles. Bought it for $7304.00. SRP $7999. Got the guys looking for another just in case. The 2012 SRP is $8250, which is what I expect. There maybe a battle with the insurance co over medical. My agent said I was stacked with my auto. Had me sign off on one form and sign to stack on the another. Now they say it can't be done. Wasn't my idea and FL requires a Min of 10g. My auto is 50g. A difference of $10,000 and $60,000 for med, pain and suffering.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.