Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2007, Shadow Aero 750
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading in my 07 Shadow Aero 750 for a brand new 750 any thoughts...

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
690 Posts
Thinking about trading in my 07 Shadow Aero 750 for a brand new 750 any thoughts...
Why, exactly? There are shockingly few differences between your ‘07 and a ‘20.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts
Well you can probably pick up a low mile used unit for much less $$$. I understand wanting FI but why a another 750?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Personally I would try and test ride other bikes first. Varity is the spice of life.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Shadow 750 Aero
264 Posts
AWESOME. You get to start over with a clean slate and the difference in price between an old ugly used one and a new one is pennys over the life of the bike. AND I love fuel injection.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,466 Posts
Well if you like the bike and you want the newest one possible with full warranty etc. it is the way to get one.
It is hard to imagine a better informed buyer than a current owner.
I'm thinking it is close to the last year for them, so this may well be your window of opportunity.

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
753 Posts
........I'm thinking it is close to the last year for them, so this may well be your window of opportunity.
??????????????????????????? The company or just the model?

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,466 Posts
??????????????????????????? The company or just the model?
Good question, but I think Honda is pretty solid.
The 2020 750 Shadows are AFAIK the only Shadows still produced, once sold worldwide they now are only sold in the USA, nowhere else.
Maybe Honda will sell enough to continue to import them for another 10 years, but looking at the current state of the "virus revised" new motorcycle market I'd be very surprised.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Go bigger in size, not lateral IMO.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Pretty sure it would ride the same......so for me would be a big nope! I would ride the old one until it started giving me hassles...... If I were to get a new bike, I would want something bigger or a different style...sort of what I did...Went with the Africa Twin after the shadow! Well actually the biggest factor is probably MY WIFE!!! lol She wouldnt have seen any sense inme getting another shadow.....but I was able to make a strong enough argument for the AT,lol. And if one is to stick with a newer Shadow...I bet you can find ones a few yrs old in pristine condition for a lot less $$$ than a brand new 1......I dont think people bag Shadows....crotch rockets yes..... Good luck

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C
30 Posts
I don't get this whole "carb'd bike is bad, FI is good" argument quite honestly. As long as you ride your bike, avoid ethanol fuel (if possible) or use an additive, and it's not a garage queen, carb'd bikes just take a little extra loving is all.

OP if I were you, I'd look at maybe moving up a size so it will be a real upgrade for you and not just a lateral move but with fuel injection. Maybe look at the Boulevard C90/M90 series or perhaps a VTX 1300. Those are everywhere and cheap with just a few thousand miles on them. I certainly wouldn't buy a Shadow brand new. In fact, I'm not sure I'd buy any bike brand new honestly. There's just so many good used bikes out there. I want them all!

·
Registered
2007, Shadow Aero 750
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I could go bigger "new" I would it's seems it's either 750 or Gold Wing new. Part of the reason I was thinking new I agree maybe last yr of the 750's. 1100's and 1300's are gone.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts
I don't get this whole "carb'd bike is bad, FI is good" argument quite honestly. As long as you ride your bike, avoid ethanol fuel (if possible) or use an additive, and it's not a garage queen, carb'd bikes just take a little extra loving is all.

OP if I were you, I'd look at maybe moving up a size so it will be a real upgrade for you and not just a lateral move but with fuel injection. Maybe look at the Boulevard C90/M90 series or perhaps a VTX 1300. Those are everywhere and cheap with just a few thousand miles on them. I certainly wouldn't buy a Shadow brand new. In fact, I'm not sure I'd buy any bike brand new honestly. There's just so many good used bikes out there. I want them all!
I don't get it either. My 1600 Vulcan Nomad was FI, had to use 90 octane or greater, and only get 35 mpg. at best. The Valk carbed, 34 to 41 mpg. and 36 being about the norm. FI is BS to me but I have 6 carb FI. :p

The VTX 1300C with a set of Cobra's look and sound superb! Very deep true vtwin sound. My son just traded his premium condition C on a friggin' new HD along with HD predatory finance plan. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
753 Posts
................... FI is BS to me but I have 6 carb FI. :p..........................
WTF???????????????????????????????????? 6 carb FI???????????????????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts