Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Shadow Aero
26 Posts
I’d say skip a new Shadow 750 and wait to see what’s available next year. Even if they axe the Shadow line after this year (which I don’t think they’ll do), the Rebel 500, despite its smaller displacement, is a very capable bike and puts out just about as much power as a Shadow, and pretty much every motorcycle site is reporting that there will be a Rebel 1100 next year, so Honda cruisers aren’t going anywhere.

·
Registered
2007, Shadow Aero 750
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for all the feedback! More confused than ever hahahahahahaha Just want a Honda cruiser Harley killer!

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C
30 Posts
If money wasn't an issue (when is it not!), I'd be getting a Victory Vegas. Those things are downright gorgeous IMO and can be had really reasonable right now with very few miles.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts
If money wasn't an issue (when is it not!), I'd be getting a Victory Vegas. Those things are downright gorgeous IMO and can be had really reasonable right now with very few miles.
The white Boulevard is my favorite. A little bit of a Honda Rune look to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question, but I think Honda is pretty solid.
The 2020 750 Shadows are AFAIK the only Shadows still produced, once sold worldwide they now are only sold in the USA, nowhere else.
Maybe Honda will sell enough to continue to import them for another 10 years, but looking at the current state of the "virus revised" new motorcycle market I'd be very surprised.
Thank you fer your answer where do I find the location of your find

·
Registered
13 Posts
WTF???????????????????????????????????? 6 carb FI???????????????????
Heck nothing wrong with coming from a Triumph my neighbor had one back in the 80's don't remember what size it was but I do remember it was a 3 speed I really liked that bike

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,465 Posts
Thank you fer your answer where do I find the location of your find
It is actually a non-find, a process of elimination, they are not listed any longer in Honda's offerings, new current year, in any European country, Canada, Australia, they are missing from any Asian country I have checked out, all places where they where they were once available. That leaves the US where shiny new 2020's are still available. Long live the 750 Shadow!

Here is Honda's global motorcycle site: Honda Global | Motorcycles
No Shadows. You can check the various linked local/regional websites for offerings and you may come across Shadows but in my selective cursory glance a few months ago, I didn't find any other sources.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't get this whole "carb'd bike is bad, FI is good" argument quite honestly. As long as you ride your bike, avoid ethanol fuel (if possible) or use an additive, and it's not a garage queen, carb'd bikes just take a little extra loving is all.

OP if I were you, I'd look at maybe moving up a size so it will be a real upgrade for you and not just a lateral move but with fuel injection. Maybe look at the Boulevard C90/M90 series or perhaps a VTX 1300. Those are everywhere and cheap with just a few thousand miles on them. I certainly wouldn't buy a Shadow brand new. In fact, I'm not sure I'd buy any bike brand new honestly. There's just so many good used bikes out there. I want them all!
Me too, I've even considered a used motorcycle dealership just so I can ride a bunch of different bikes... but then I'd have to spend all my time working.

btw, note my signature line... Really, bigger does not mean better, only bigger. The size wars are over, no one won. (Would someone please tell Indian and Triumph?)

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,557 Posts
Me too, I've even considered a used motorcycle dealership just so I can ride a bunch of different bikes... but then I'd have to spend all my time working.

btw, note my signature line... Really, bigger does not mean better, only bigger. The size wars are over, no one won. (Would someone please tell Indian and Triumph?)
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bigger is better! Just ask momma' after 200 mi. Sunday road cruise the difference between the 69" Spirit and the 92" Valkyrie. Oh hell no, better yet don't ask. :LOL:

·
Registered
2013 Shadow Spirit 750
82 Posts
I still have a 1986 Yamaha Radian. I like those 600s. They are fun little bikes. It is hard to give up a fun high revving bike, they're a blast.
I always liked the Radian, but never had one. Can't beat a nice GP BIKE.
I thought about keeping it, but storage was a factor.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts