Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 VT1100 ACE. It sat for over 3 years. I got it, cleaned the carbs and tank. Rejetted it. I got it on the road in late May. It runs like a scalded dog. New rear tire, new plugs, new battery. For the most part, I've rode it to work and numerous single tank runs. It seems to be pretty reliable except for some vapor locking when we had the 110+ heat indexes. Not enough to leave me stranded, just run rough for about 30 seconds when I restarted it after long runs (fuel stop, bathroom break etc...) Never does it any other time so I'm not too concerned. Now, as we are about to get into fall weather and I'm looking to stretch my runs, I'm curious what you'd be looking at maintenance wise? I have a 2 tank run coming up on Friday. I have every intention on putting another 2000 miles on it before I put it away after I winterize it. I'll blow out the air cleaner, check tires, the basics. Usually someone knows something that I should be thinking about and just haven't.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Look at prior winterizing posts for guidance. All we do here is keep the tanks full and use a little Stabil but our winters are mild and usually allow riding once or twice a month.

Sounds like you might be training for the big prize......

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
You're pushing that Fall thing a bit aren't you. Hopefully we get at least another 3-4 months of riding in before I think about winterizing it. Plus your south of me so you should be able to go even longer.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're pushing that Fall thing a bit aren't you. Hopefully we get at least another 3-4 months of riding in before I think about winterizing it. Plus your south of me so you should be able to go even longer.
Hahahaha. Except I can be a cool weather wimp. too many tours in the sand, I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.