Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another popping on decal thread, with good results. ’09 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, 1 yr old next week, developed the popping (afterburning) around the 3k mile area (8500 now). It continued to worsen and then leveled off at ‘bad’. Some of the pop’s were like a shot gun blast. Through my searches here the normal initial fixes did not help @ exhaust being properly secured, plugs, valves, obvious leaks etc. So, before my 1st trip to Canada this summer I stopped into my dealer to have the air fuel mixture adjusted which was to no avail. My credit to the technician as he said this is not right and to bring it back in after the trip to look further into it. I eventually did so and after a few days the dealer and Honda deemed this a warranty issue. They ordered in and replaced the carburetor feeling they could not get the proper adjustment out of it. Once again, to no avail. I had another trip “up north” planned so away I went. Mind you, this does not necessarily hurt anything but sure is annoying. Upon return they replaced the PAIR Control Valve (not check valve) and all works great. What a treat to ride now. I’ve put it thru the paces with no issues. Like a new ride again. My cost = $0.00. Just an FYI for so many that have had this issue in previous posts.

Don

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Good information, and one helluva recommendation for your dealer and techs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.