·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...nuff said...

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
How do you act tough looking like that? All it takes is a good shove and you are down and getting your head caved in with a boot heel.

Scum, and stupid scum at that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dam*, that explains why they always wear those long enough to be a dress shirts.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Oh, c'mon John. Let's not overdramatize. It is stupid and ridiculous and ignorant looking and has taken hold with a certain demographic as fashion. Even a lot of white kids where their pants way down on their hips (including here in Arkansas) all the while listening to Hank Jr. You sound like someone ragging on long hair back in the early 70s.

When I was in high school, shorts were a lot shorter than now and guys would wear them with boxers. Their underway always hung way below their shorts. It was ridiculous and my mom bitched about it all the time. You are curmudgeonly before your time.

That being said, I don't even see how those guys can walk. I have a pic on my phone (I'll try to post it) that I took surreptitiously in court one day while one of my coworkers was pleading a kid and best I could figure the waist line of his pants would have had to be at about his knees. Ever sense that hilarious "Pants On the Ground" performance on AI, I think of him every time.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Oh, c'mon John. Let's not overdramatize. It is stupid and ridiculous and ignorant looking and has taken hold with a certain demographic as fashion. Even a lot of white kids where their pants way down on their hips (including here in Arkansas) all the while listening to Hank Jr. You sound like someone ragging on long hair back in the early 70s.

When I was in high school, shorts were a lot shorter than now and guys would wear them with boxers. Their underway always hung way below their shorts. It was ridiculous and my mom bitched about it all the time. You are curmudgeonly before your time.

That being said, I don't even see how those guys can walk. I have a pic on my phone (I'll try to post it) that I took surreptitiously in court one day while one of my coworkers was pleading a kid and best I could figure the waist line of his pants would have had to be at about his knees. Ever sense that hilarious "Pants On the Ground" performance on AI, I think of him every time.
No, this was born of 'banger and wannabe 'banger culture. Plain and simple.

I lived in SoCal from '92 to '00. I was there during the prime of this s**t-tastic fashion revolution.

I revile it. I hate it. I want it stamped out.

Google MS13, get acquainted and familiar with them. It is, for the moment, the pinnacle of this. This is either that, or it's meant to emulate that to some degree. Either way, stamp it out.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
i'm not bashing,, i asked a lady what it was about(older black lady), she responded "I don't wanna see no butt, and no underwear",,jokingly i mentioned to her i thought it was a "gay thing" you know advertising,,,she responded " I don't know about that, I still don't wanna see no butt..

could these young men perhaps be shamed into changing this "fashion statement"...

mark

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
i'm not bashing,, i asked a lady what it was about(older black lady), she responded "I don't wanna see no butt, and no underwear",,jokingly i mentioned to her i thought it was a "gay thing" you know advertising,,,she responded " I don't know about that, I still don't wanna see no butt..

could these young men perhaps be shamed into changing this "fashion statement"...

mark
If they had any shame, they would not dress like that to begin with.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Each to their own when it comes to fashion but I must admit I laugh when I see guys like that trying to walk only to have their pants fall down over and over again.

·
Registered
932 Posts

mark
This is one of those things where once again the women must bear the brunt of responsibility for it going on way too long. If the female of the species would begin to laugh and mock the male of the species over this wearing your pants around your knees then I would wager that it would stop quite quickly.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
This is one of those things where once again the women must bear the brunt of responsibility for it going on way too long. If the female of the species would begin to laugh and mock the male of the species over this wearing your pants around your knees then I would wager that it would stop quite quickly.
Post of the Day! Winner!:D

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Meh Live and let live....

Every generation has established their Independence from the previous generation in ways their parents and elders find abhorrent.

See Woodstock from the eyes of your parents or grandparents if you are in your 50's As we get older we understand these things better which is why grandparents are more accepting of kids then the generation between. They see the big picture better..

The problem is each generation has to go farther and farther into the abyss to do so. Now its inking and soupcan earrings. Their kids may have to go totally back to the 50's to separate themselves ala Michael Fox character in Family Ties.

Many will grow out of it.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Ya know…I don’t mind seeing a little “Brother” dressed, within reason, in this style. Most that I encounter are fastidious about their “style.” Their clothes are carefully chosen, clean and precisely arranged. It’s a style. Like most style of the youth…it at times can be over exaggerated. My laughing is at the skinny little white boys who copy it. Hanging out…trying to be all “Hood.” Trying to walk the walk and talk the talk. Too funny. They just ain’t got it. And it’s funny. The “Brothers” like I said before look good. All neat and precise. But the white boys just look stupid and are usually disheveled. They just ain’t got it. :lol::lol::-D

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
i was refering to all young men both white and black,,cause i see it on both,,the lady i asked well i know she was shaking her head both at me with the audasity to ask her and with the "fashion" in question. I don't care if the guy's outfits are neat with ironed creases,,it is about the dumbist thing i have ever seen.

mark

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Well...I personally wouldn't want to get into a physical altercation dressed like that. :lol:
On the other hand I think women's clothing is stupid. I just shake my head when I see a woman in our office wearing 3 inch strapless mules. And pantyhose? WTF? I listen to them making a point in a meeting and all I can think about is...I'm looking at your choice of shoes...you can't be smart enough to solve this problem. Women wear the funniest looking most impractical clothing of all. Oh...and guys wearing ties. WTF is that? Oh...I think I'll decorate my neck with this. :lol: Now...I own a couple of Jerry Garcia ties...but it would have to be the event of all events or absolutely mandated for me to put one on. I guess I just like to have my clothes have a specific purpose and be practical. :-D

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
How do you act tough looking like that? All it takes is a good shove and you are down and getting your head caved in with a boot heel.

Scum, and stupid scum at that.
Stupid, dumb, young minds full of follow the crowd mush I can understand, but why scum? Any different then those who wore bell bottoms? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts