Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how much i should realisticly expect to pay for a parts bike, assuming lots of parts on it. (85 shadow500)

Its hard for me to come to a semi-solid number here do to the extreme differences im seeing in the price of these bikes in various running conditions.

Seeing running bikes go from anywhere between $700 and $2500

im not necessarily in need of parts at the moment, but wouldnt mind having a fall back plan. Especially since im still in the process of repairing my bike and could run into issues at any point in time.

ALSO. im sure you guys would know better than anyone else on the web.
What bikes could i use for parts that would be compatible with the 85 shadow 500.

as much or as little info that you have is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Expect to pay 50% of what you would for a running bike.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I would pay up to $500 for a parts bike. But it would also depend on how complete it is.

·
Registered
269 Posts
$700-2,500? Wow, you can buy a really nice running model for under $2,500. Unless it is near perfect (& what parts bike is) I wouldn't go over $500 tops.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are in BC, here is an 84 in Ketchekan AK you could probably get for $50. See:
Copart
dang, that would have been awesome, but alas... im in NS.

parts bike for 700 ?? I just bought my bike (in my sig) for $800
try ebay & craigslist with patience you can get one cheaper
$700-2,500? Wow, you can buy a really nice running model for under $2,500. Unless it is near perfect (& what parts bike is) I wouldn't go over $500 tops.
You guys totally misread my post,

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
For what it's worth, there's a rather rough '83 V30 Magna sitting on Main Street in Colfax, WA for $875. I'd bite at half the price, just to have something to restore and play around with, but if somebody's looking for such a thing... I know they're kinda rare... Honda VF500C Magna V30

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am prety sure the 83 and 84 is mostly different in the engine. 85-86 are most compatible years

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Depending on what you need and if it was a complete bike I'd pay no more than 200-400.

Make sure you get an 85-up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts