Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Wanted to share a 'find' with my fellow Canadians. I would like to say that I always hit my local salvage yard(s) first; and why not? If they have what you are after you strike yourself a deal and walk out happy like a child. The contrary is very real too. The joy turns sour and it feels like you are being tested on your patience. The latter was such a day for myself, walking out the door giving up until the owner called me back. He suggested to give Parts Hotline a try. I did and a hour later I got an offer on exactly what I needed and more!

I thought the idea behind it is very neat and effective. I guess the way it works is that salvage yards nation wide can register with them. If you need a part, you put in an online request and if any of them have the part, they will contact you. Wanted to share it with you in case you have trouble finding what you are after!

Cheers,

AmsterDan

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
985 Posts
Seems a lot like LKQ in the states, but in the US LKQ has been buying up and ruining small salvage yards for years...

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,927 Posts
I know where local salvage places are, but often end up importing stuff due to dead ending locally.
I think the one closest to me lives in a pricing dream world.
Now I can use this to both narrow and broaden the scope of my search at the same time.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 Honda Shadow 750
11 Posts
Cool site, thanks! I was looking for a local site to find used parts other than FB or Kijiji.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts