Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I ordered one from a Honda shop, costs about 15 bucks.
I did the same thing. that cap is aluminum, and at first I was pissed at previous owner for over torquing it. I am thinking now, it's just aluminum on aluminum.
I used good anti-seize compound before putting my new one on. Oh yeah, get a new o-ring while you are at it.
Dan

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Depends on the parts needs. For a bolt I would go to Lowes or the nearest autoparts store. No reason to pay $15 for $0.50 bolts. For specific parts I just do google seach for suppliers and Ebay or the local Bike shop.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Depends on the parts needs. For a bolt I would go to Lowes or the nearest autoparts store. No reason to pay $15 for $0.50 bolts. For specific parts I just do google seach for suppliers and Ebay or the local Bike shop.

NOTE: There's a bit of a caveat to this!

If you replace a fastener with something other than a factory part please enure you replace it the a fastener of the same grade or better! The engineers spec bolts to the required grades with safety factors included, if you replace a bolt with a a lower grade bolt/nut whatever you could compromise the safety of your bike and could end in terrible results.

I would recommend that if you want to replace bolts with something other than factory bolts and you are not familiar with fastener ratings, etc. To consult your local fastener supply store (Fastenal, etc) they should be able to provide you with the correct part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.