Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In need of floor board advice.

I have been looking at getting a set of passenger floorboards for my wife for my 1997 VT1100C2.
Any suggestions? Kuri looks like its about the best but I am on a budget of sorts.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Try E-bay there are other brands that work well and are much cheaper - I had some on my VT1100 Spirit that were only about 100. Not bad at all - forget the brand though - something like big cycle or big parts that I purchased from cruisercustomizing.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
universal and they were the Harley ones that were 39.99 and the others have the same exact specs but are 49.99.Took me about 1 hr with the welder to make the footpeg adaptor to put them on.I reused the stock footpeg hardware and it can be returned to stock pegs in about 5 min.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice I might go that route. Do you have a picture of the adapter you made?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Just posted pictures In my profile pictures.Just a solid piece of 3/4 rod sleaved inside a piece of 1 in OD 120 wall tube and welded up.The hard part was getting the Hole drilled tightly to the peg bracket so they don't Move.They wouldnt fold up all the way out of the Box but 10 min with a file cured that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any thoughts from anyone that has had Kuryakan's before?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Jardine floorboards both front and back. I don't have the forward controls but turned the fronts backwards and made them work (mod needed)....My wife says the rear Jardine's are comfortable and never had any issues with slipping or anything in the rain...I think they are around $200 now but if you look around you can find a deal...

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Cbjr, Were they universal or specifically fit for your spirit?
Not sure- - they must have been designed for the Spirit of that year to some degree - there are differences (but the passenger boards could be rotated to change the angle and accomodate various mounting bracket angles. I had the Waynesville passenger peg extenders (lowers the pegs over the exhaust) as well.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey All™,
I'm with you on the budget thing. I bought a set of Jardine a couple years ago, and love them. My daughter said they are comfy, and sturdy, and she really likes them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts