Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'97 vt1100c2

My fiancé tore her knee up and the stock position of the passenger footpegs is very uncomfortable for her. There was a shop at one time (the link I have now points to something completely different) that made an offset that went out 2 1/2" then forward and down 3" or something like that. If anybody has any ideas let m's know thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have a set of them & they do allow my wife to ride much longer. Pretty well made. I take them off the minute that we are back as they are a complete PITA to push the bike, either on or off the bike. The only time I have dropped the bike was a no speed parking lot deal where my leg got stuck under the peg backing up. It takes maybe 2 minutes a side to install or remove, but I don't put the stock pegs back on as they are pretty useless on my 1100 spirit anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
those are freakin bada$$. i've looked for something like that for a long time and could never find anything like that. those are perfect for the wifes long legs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to the website and I sent them an email due to the fact they didn't have the 2002 Shadow Spirit 1100 listed, but i have yet to hear anything back from the company. Does anyone have them on their 2002 Spirit When I was up at Sturgis Last year, I bought some splined adjustable offsets, but they were a temp fix, since my wife's legs were killing her on the 500 mile ride up. The problem with these is they do not come out far enough to get past the exhaust. Can you put any type of peg on these mounts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I spoke with Waynesville Cycle, and they stated that they did not have any of these in stock and that they would most likely not be getting any of them in anytime soon. I was in a crunch for time, since our trip was coming up. So, I went to the hardware and fabricated some mounts that allowed me to use my adjustable lockable offsets. Worked like a charm, no issues.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,553 Posts
I went to the website and I sent them an email due to the fact they didn't have the 2002 Shadow Spirit 1100 listed, but i have yet to hear anything back from the company. Does anyone have them on their 2002 Spirit When I was up at Sturgis Last year, I bought some splined adjustable offsets, but they were a temp fix, since my wife's legs were killing her on the 500 mile ride up. The problem with these is they do not come out far enough to get past the exhaust. Can you put any type of peg on these mounts?
They will fit. I put them on my 06' Spirit. They require a mod if Kuryakyn pegs are used. One word of caution, if your passenger is "mature" in the weight dept., :D I wouldn't mount the bike using the extentions. The brackets on the frame are little too flimsy to handle the access leverage applied. Waynesville are great people to deal with. Call them. Emails get lost because everybody emails. Give me a holler if you need info on the Kury mod.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,553 Posts
I have a set of them & they do allow my wife to ride much longer. Pretty well made. I take them off the minute that we are back as they are a complete PITA to push the bike, either on or off the bike. The only time I have dropped the bike was a no speed parking lot deal where my leg got stuck under the peg backing up. It takes maybe 2 minutes a side to install or remove, but I don't put the stock pegs back on as they are pretty useless on my 1100 spirit anyway.
Twice here because of them. Thank goodnes for MC's bars. Momma rolls good also. They are there for her after all! ;):mrgreen::p

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
CWI = Custom World International also sells Passenger Lowering kits.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have Waynes extensions...

My wife prefers floorboards and they don't work with the Honda floorboards I have installed. Basically I only installed one side, and I had to grind it down a bit to fit the stock passenger peg mount. They are pretty well made, chrome over aluminum.

I'd be willing to sell them if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM and I'll try and get some pics if/when I find them...

Not sure what a fair price would be? Paid over $110 with shipping so let's try to keep it 'real'...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where did you get the Wayne extensions? From waynesville cycle center?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts