Doc and Crystal
White Knight
Denise and Dave
Christoper
offroad racer
hillbillyrider and wife
Captain D
Dawn and John

If you were a no show, you missed spending tiime with 12 of the best people on the planet and me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will have a second and third chance. We're probably going to have our usual lunch in Afton Va. in the spring and next years rally will be in the same area (TBD) starting Oct 7th. So get those vacation days lined up. No excuses will be accepted the next tiime. If you don't show up next year, I'm coming to stay at each of your houses. :lol:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine would pull the covers off the pillows then burrow under the covers turn around and lay his head on the pillow. It looked like he got in and pulled the covers up to his neck and went to sleep. She looks alot like my last beagle, you are going to need to use a very big gun to get her back.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Dave and I have made a decision to restructure our lives (shush, a secret right now) so that we do not miss another rally like we did this weekend..

I'm not giving up playing roller derby. but being in charge of the team? Way too much sacrifice of my personal life..

Glad you guys had a great time.. sick on my stomach that I missed it..

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
denisep said:
Dave and I have made a decision to restructure our lives (shush, a secret right now) so that we do not miss another rally like we did this weekend..

I'm not giving up playing roller derby. but being in charge of the team? Way too much sacrifice of my personal life..

Glad you guys had a great time.. sick on my stomach that I missed it..
We all missed you two too. When we were on pilot mountain, we contemplated coming down to see you, but; it was 4pm by the time we ate lunch and we all just wanted to go home and get a shower.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Paulie said:
No excuses will be accepted the next tiime. If you don't show up next year, I'm coming to stay at each of your houses. :lol:
Not much of a threat, yer welcome anytime. 8)

Phil

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Paulie said:
We're probably going to have our usual lunch in Afton Va. in the spring...
Since you brought that up, let's take away the excuses and set the date for the Eastern Solstice Meetup. The solstice falls on a Tuesday next year so how about the Thursday after (June 23rd)?

And we might not be *in* Afton -- docc said something about better places so we only have to stop at 47 traffic lights in Fisherville.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
adlowe said:
Paulie said:
We're probably going to have our usual lunch in Afton Va. in the spring...
Since you brought that up, let's take away the excuses and set the date for the Eastern Solstice Meetup. The solstice falls on a Tuesday next year so how about the Thursday after (June 23rd)?

And we might not be *in* Afton -- docc said something about better places so we only have to stop at 47 traffic lights in Fisherville.
48 traffic lights. Finding a place with better service won't be hard.

If you make it Friday June 24th (I have the day off), I'd be willing to have crank up the smoker and have everyone at my place, even Paulie. :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm with docc30, lets find another place. Those exotic salads are not my kind of lunch. Lets find something greasy.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
docc claims to be an expert on good eating in that area and I have no issues putting him to the test. I have no issues letting him cook for us, either -- just so long as it isn't a ploy to get Crystal doing the all work. :D

The 24th is fine with me. I plan on taking time off work (if I'm working, anyway) and doing some riding in WV/VA/NC/TN. (I may even find a way to check out some of those cabins for next year's ECR if that isn't too late.)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in, the 24th sounds good. Doc, save me a piece of that smoked turkey, Yum. Art, I'll meet you in Clarksburg on the 23rd we'll find a road more westerly over the mountains, I'll lead so you can get your rest.

·
Registered
799 Posts
would love to meet up with you all but I have a joyous wedding to attend, I plan on leaving after the wedding for my vacation a few days in Blairsville then north so let me know where you all may be after the 25th

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
adlowe said:
docc claims to be an expert on good eating in that area and I have no issues putting him to the test. I have no issues letting him cook for us, either -- just so long as it isn't a ploy to get Crystal doing the all work. :D
Sssshhhhhh! Don't let her know my plans. :shock:

There definitely better eats around here.

http://www.mossycreekcafe.com/
http://www.southrivergrill.com/
http://augusta.va.golookon.com/listings/hog_wild_bbq/hog_wild_bbq-menu.html

There's also a good BBQ joint in Luray just off the parkway. http://www.logcabinbarbecue.com/

You guys pick, I'll cook / show up. I need to get off Paulie's list. :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
adlowe said:
The 24th is fine with me. I plan on taking time off work (if I'm working, anyway) and doing some riding in WV/VA/NC/TN. (I may even find a way to check out some of those cabins for next year's ECR if that isn't too late.)
The 24th works for me. I am planning to be retired by that time so maybe we can meet up and you can drag me along on your ride thru WV/VA/NC/TN.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Paulie said:
Art, I'll meet you in Clarksburg on the 23rd we'll find a road more westerly over the mountains, I'll lead so you can get your rest.
Yeah, yeah. You just want to lead so you can drag me onto an e-way and pass a truck just as a line of cars pins me behind it on the way up a mountain. :D

Seriously, though, that sounds like a plan. What I'm thinking about right now, under the assumption that I'll be working (I'll know more after the 22nd), is taking the whole week off for riding -- head down to Galax/Mt Airy and check out cabins, wander over to WV and ride some roads from the Land of Motorcycle Adventure brochure (published by the Southern West Virginia Convention & Visitors Bureau) that I picked up on Sunday then making my way toward Clarksburg (or somewhere else if you'd prefer) for the ride to the Fisherville area. Saturday and Sunday would be the days for heading home -- but since I could probably do the most direct route in a single day that won't be the route I'll pick.

On edit: I started a thread specifically for the meetup (and referenced this one) so we can end the hijacking and let Paulie have control of his poop list thread again.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
docc30 said:
We can hold off on the final decision until we get closer -- lots can change between now and then. (I've got no issue at all with making you work, though, and Paulie might want to see a little sweat before he takes you off the list. :D )

But we'll set the date for Friday, June 24th and the location for somewhere around Fisherville, VA. Anyone who needs more "precision" before they can make plans probably belongs in a different group.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adlowe said:
Paulie said:
Art, I'll meet you in Clarksburg on the 23rd we'll find a road more westerly over the mountains, I'll lead so you can get your rest.
Yeah, yeah. You just want to lead so you can drag me onto an e-way and pass a truck just as a line of cars pins me behind it on the way up a mountain. :D

Seriously, though, that sounds like a plan. What I'm thinking about right now, under the assumption that I'll be working (I'll know more after the 22nd), is taking the whole week off for riding -- head down to Galax/Mt Airy and check out cabins, wander over to WV and ride some roads from the Land of Motorcycle Adventure brochure (published by the Southern West Virginia Convention & Visitors Bureau) that I picked up on Sunday then making my way toward Clarksburg (or somewhere else if you'd prefer) for the ride to the Fisherville area. Saturday and Sunday would be the days for heading home -- but since I could probably do the most direct route in a single day that won't be the route I'll pick.

On edit: I started a thread specifically for the meetup (and referenced this one) so we can end the hijacking and let Paulie have control of his poop list thread again.
I'm not above meeting you in Mt Airy and riding through WVa. We'll have to see how vacation breaks.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
adlowe said:
docc30 said:
We can hold off on the final decision until we get closer -- lots can change between now and then. (I've got no issue at all with making you work, though, and Paulie might want to see a little sweat before he takes you off the list. :D )
Nobody gets off the list. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Poop as in pooped out!

Doc and Crystal
White Knight
Denise and Dave
Christoper
offroad racer
hillbillyrider and wife
Captain D
Dawn and John

If you were a no show, you missed spending tiime with 12 of the best people on the planet and me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will have a second and third chance. We're probably going to have our usual lunch in Afton Va. in the spring and next years rally will be in the same area (TBD) starting Oct 7th. So get those vacation days lined up. No excuses will be accepted the next tiime. If you don't show up next year, I'm coming to stay at each of your houses. :lol:
Well, Paul, looks like you got some travel plans to put together,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts