Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folks! One problem with my Phantom, Im 6" - 175 lb - 32" seam and I'm starting to feel a little scrunched when riding long rides. I just ordered 2" handlebar risers from scootworks to give me a little lean back. Then I saw a
with a dude installing 6" extensions on his spirit 750 and i was wondering:

1. If any Phantom owners have done this?
- If u did.. where did you get it?
2. Which is better for my height, 4" or 6"?
3. Did the extension get in the way of the tire?

Let me know!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Go to scootmods.com they have 4 and 6 for fairly cheap the c2 spirit ones will fit the phantom i got the 4 i like them ok but sometimes i think i should have got the 6

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
just made it a lot more comfortable

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Are the 6" controls no longer available for the phantom? I look under Spirit C2 on their website and all I see is 4"...
2" risers and a Mustang Day tripper seat made a huge difference for me without having to get forward controls. I'm 5'8 1/2 " with a 32" inseam and love it this way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
2" risers and a Mustang Day tripper seat made a huge difference for me without having to get forward controls. I'm 5'8 1/2 " with a 32" inseam and love it this way.
A good setup, for sure, but I'm a a bit taller than you and my legs are feeling a little scrunched. I'll be ordering the 4" if i can't find the 6, but i wish I could find them :-(

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
A good setup, for sure, but I'm a a bit taller than you and my legs are feeling a little scrunched. I'll be ordering the 4" if i can't find the 6, but i wish I could find them :-(
Understand, hope you find some.
How's Madison these days, I've been there many times when I lived in Milwaukee and areas around there, I worked for American TV and did my sales training in Madison also saw a concert there many years ago and of course have driven through many times on my way to other places out that way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's cold. And the bike hasn't been touched since November :( I can't stand the cold, and I've lived here my entire life.

Other than that Madison/Wi in general is a great place to live. Lots of good riding to be had in the few warm months every year,for sure!

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Sounds like the Wisconsin I remember, so many beautiful places to ride and fishing, hunting, snowmobileing, lots of great stuff but my body couldn't take the cold any more and we got the call to ministry out here so we took it. But it sure was great living on Big Cedar Lake, so much great riding and boating but only 6 months out of the year if you're lucky! The boat was out of the water at the beginning of October and back in at the end of May, at least the bike could come out a little sooner and go away a little later.
One good thing is you can work on your bike and not worry about missing a riding day, great time for mods!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
It's cold. And the bike hasn't been touched since November :( I can't stand the cold, and I've lived here my entire life.

Other than that Madison/Wi in general is a great place to live. Lots of good riding to be had in the few warm months every year,for sure!
LMAO.....I live in Florida and I say the same thing about the HEAT! :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning folks! One problem with my Phantom, Im 6" - 175 lb - 32" seam and I'm starting to feel a little scrunched when riding long rides. I just ordered 2" handlebar risers from scootworks to give me a little lean back. Then I saw a
with a dude installing 6" extensions on his spirit 750 and i was wondering:

1. If any Phantom owners have done this?
- If u did.. where did you get it?
2. Which is better for my height, 4" or 6"?
3. Did the extension get in the way of the tire?

Let me know!

I'm looking to purchase a 2015 Shadow Phantom. I like the ALL black look. Did you buy those black pipes (if so WHERE) or have them coated/painted? Any sites with parts would be greatly appreciated! I would also like to extend the foot controls and add footboards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.